Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Does Philips Amara Gel mask contain silicone?
I am allergic to silicone but I cannot live without CPAP.

I have tried many different solutions (multiple liners, cloth mask etc) without success. The liners don't work and the cloth mask doesn't treat the apnea properly.

I am considering the Phillips Gel Amara but need to know if it is made of silicone? Can't seem to find that info anywhere.

EDIT: Please disregard - I have now confirmed this mask does contain silicone.
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
Are you sure you are actually allergic to silicone? True silicone allergies are extreeeeemely rare. But not impossible. More people get skin irritation when they first start using nasal and facial masks from improper adjustment which do resolve in time using various techniques.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Equipment] Silicone mask is so comfortable. blueeyessinging 8 344 06-04-2018, 09:17 PM
Last Post: robermax
Question Allergic reaction [to silicone in mask?] Cliffh 9 269 05-24-2018, 02:26 AM
Last Post: Cliffh
  [Equipment] Philips Dreamstation Auto CPAP jrespinoza 5 343 05-16-2018, 07:35 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Angry Just arrived at hotel. 1 week old philips dream station go machine dead! qwawawawa 12 660 05-04-2018, 07:36 AM
Last Post: crowtor
  [Equipment] Received my new Philips Go, locked at a too low pressure. How do I unlock it? graeftom 1 213 04-21-2018, 08:05 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Anyone with Amara View leak issues? Have they been solved? gangus1 9 455 04-02-2018, 08:53 PM
Last Post: gangus1
Question Mask Help - Philips Respironics DreamStation dk2011 5 387 03-26-2018, 07:04 PM
Last Post: pupcamper