Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Does Philips not offer international warranty (USA -> Australia)?
Does Philips not offer international warranty (USA -> Australia)?
Hello, 

I bought a dreamstation machine from an American seller (I live in Australia). After about 2 years of use, 6 weeks ago I started hearing the infamous whirring noise from the machine. The same noise has been discussed a few times on this forum. It sounds like the machine is making a (lot of) effort when I am breathing in. I followed the usual troubleshooting steps mentioned - now even after running the hose just on the machine minus the humidifier there still is no change. I have put in brand new filters and tried two new hoses (of both types) I still hear the noise. Incidentally, this started happening when I moved from Darwin to Canberra - from an extremely tropic/hot and humid climate to a very cold and dry climate.

I contacted philips customer service on facebook messenger and after about a casual 2 weeks someone from the US asked me to get in touch with the US support meaning there is no international warranty on this machine - which I find absurd. What if I was on a long holiday to Australia ? Would I be sleeping without a CPAP machine and put myself at risk? Anyway, has anyone from Australia faced such a situation ? 
What do you reckon I do?

Cheers,
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Does Philips not offer international warranty (USA -> Australia)?
Philips services and warrants machines through their DME network internationally. Had you purchased from an authorized seller in AU they would be able to initiate a warranty or repair claim. When buying from a seller in the U.S. that seller needs to be an authorized seller or DME to submit a claim. This is the drawback of buying internationally, because wsuhile you can save considerable initial costs, you may not have warranty coverage because there are a lot of sellers that cannot or will not support your claim. Most of the sellers on our supplier list will support a claim, and a real stand-out in that regard is Supplier #2.

Just to be clear, neither Philips nor Resmed will deal directly with a patient or end-consumer; only authorized dealers and DMEs.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Does Philips not offer international warranty (USA -> Australia)?
Thank you for replying. I indeed bought it from Supplier #2, I have sent them an email- See how I go.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NOTICE: Philips Discontinues Numerous Devices and Halts Dreamstation Sales in the U.S. WakeUpTime 48 3,826 Yesterday, 04:49 PM
Last Post: WakeUpTime
  Foam Removal - Philips System One peewee44 47 10,612 03-26-2024, 05:46 AM
Last Post: jojopuppyfish
  NOTICE: Philips Respironics Recall Replacement Tally RayBee 183 29,053 03-24-2024, 06:30 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  Airsense 11 warranty case labrat 3 186 03-21-2024, 01:29 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
Exclaimation [News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS Sleeprider 2,961 352,083 03-20-2024, 02:21 PM
Last Post: btreger
  Is my Philips Remstar Pro System One working? alanbc 11 373 03-13-2024, 11:41 AM
Last Post: alanbc
  Where to send my philips REPLACEMENT machine Rice95 7 1,122 02-29-2024, 01:20 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.