Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Does REDS560HS makes noise at night?
Does REDS560HS makes noise at night?
Recently I was diagnosed with severe OSA, with av. of 95 AHI. Went on a free month long trial with RESMED AIRSENSE 10. Love it but it is too expensive for me to buy it (USD$883). I saw a similar machine which suits my budget :

Respironics REDS560HS-REMstar Auto with humidifier and SD card (USD$450)

But i read reviews that it emits a certain noise at night.

Any comments from the users here in the forum?

Many thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Does REDS560HS makes noise at night?
My are you talking about the Phillips Respironic machine like in my profile? If so, mine is quiet. My husband has the earlier ResMed S9 and I think it makes more noise than mine--not bad but louder. I sleep closer to mine, of course, but hear his.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi ivanzheng,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hang in there for more answers to your questions and much success to you on your CPAP journey.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
I have two of them--they are both very quiet. Great machine!

Edit: I don't remember seeing any reviews about strange noises from the System One. You may be thinking of the ResMed S9 series. Some of those machines make a birdlike sound.
Post Reply Post Reply
I've used three machines so far, F&P Icon Premo, Devilbiss Intellipap2 and a Respironics DS560 auto with A-flex, the first was a loaner from the sleep centre and it was the noisiest, the Devilbiss was a tad quieter but the Respironics is the quietest by far and it is a secondhand machine with over 1300 hours.
I also find I sleep the best with the Respironics too. Same Dreamwear Nasal pillow with them all.
Post Reply Post Reply
I've had mine (see profile) for about 18 months, and it is very quite. Sometimes can't tell if it's on.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you peeps!

At first, when I was diagnosed, I am very depressed.

With the support in this forum I'm so much encouraged!

Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome to ApneaBoard ivanzheng! Glad you found us.

APNEABOARD - A great place to be if you're a hosehead!!  Rolleyes  

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EVERY ACCOMPLISHMENT BEGINS WITH THE DECISION TO TRY!
Post Reply Post Reply
Unfortunately, the degree of perceived noise seems to vary from person to person, and even varies between two machines with the exact same model number.

In general, the machines seem pretty quiet. Some have occasional noise problems that have a fix of some kind. Some simply have noisy machines.

My impression is there's no clear best choice of quietest machine between the Philips Respironics and ResMed machines.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Video [Equipment] Resmed AS10 Water Chamber Noise SOLUTION fixed it 0 34 Yesterday, 12:36 PM
Last Post: fixed it
  Breas Z2 - mask question/air noise sallym 0 111 03-07-2024, 04:17 PM
Last Post: sallym
  [Equipment] Loud noise from AirFit F20 mask SleepyLuke 2 1,541 03-04-2024, 12:38 AM
Last Post: SleepyLuke
  [CPAP] Resmed airmini noise NYKP44 0 331 02-09-2024, 01:27 PM
Last Post: NYKP44
Question Resmed Autoset 10 buzzing noise - what now? mogulman 8 578 01-16-2024, 11:42 AM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  [Equipment] Airsense 10 Noise tblaster 4 329 01-15-2024, 10:44 AM
Last Post: tblaster
  Airmini noise question sfr79 37 19,891 01-10-2024, 01:00 PM
Last Post: PlasticOwl8474

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.