Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Does Resmed even ask for your permission before uploading your data ?
RE: Does Resmed even ask for your permission before uploading your data ?
Thank you.
Like I said, Resmed does NOT say that your data does NOT get uploaded.
In fact they specifically say that they upload your medical data.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-06-2021, 01:16 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: By your reply, I see you don't have any evidence that it is uploaded, just speculation.
I never said that "I didn't have evidence". I just said that Resmed does NOT say that your data does NOT get uploaded.
In fact they actually say that your data gets uploaded (whether or not you want it to).
See Response No. 9 and many thanks to the respondent who quoted Resmed for me.
Have a nice day Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-06-2021, 01:34 PM)factor Wrote: Did you give Google, Facebook, Cloudflare or most any other company permission?  

Actually you do when you sign up. They all have a privacy policy and specifically give you detail on what information they gather, should you choose to sign up....But not Resmed....Resmed charges you and then steals your data Oh-jeez
Post Reply Post Reply
Yep its everywhere.. Big Brother all over. Cell phones, laptops, cars, and the NSA is everywhere.
Thank you,
Brent aka Factor

Just a Regular guy.
My untreated AHI was 87.  You can do it hang in there.
"You can if you will"   Jerry Kramer

Got OSCAR?
Organize Charts
Optimizing Therapy

My Story
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-06-2021, 01:34 PM)factor Wrote: If you disabled the modem what makes you worry?

It's not "me" giving away my data who I am worried about (because clearly I don't)...Its everyone else who is complicit in this scam without giving it a second thought Thinking-about
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-06-2021, 01:29 PM)pholynyk Wrote: On page 9 of an AirSense 10 User Guide it says:

So one of the things that Resmed does by using your data that they collect from you when you use their "MyAir" app, is that they direct advertising of their products to you.
I have actually experimented with this by registering a machine that I do not use (my backup machine) with a pseudonym and an email address that I don't use often.
Loading the machine up with a few days of fake data, I am getting at least 2-3 email ads per day, specifically designed around Resmed products that would presumably be suitable for me, based on the data that I fed them (flow restrictions, stuffy nose and how a new mask from resmed might help...that kind of thing).
So now I am being spammed based on my medical data which I gave no permission to Resmed to upload in the first place Laugh-a-lot
Post Reply Post Reply
Potentially , yes, but you don't have to be paranoid about it...Just disconnect the darn modem. Wink
Ps.
You never know if they are transcribing your conversations in the bedroom because you do not know when they hook up that cellular modem...In short, just because you are not paranoid, it doesn't mean they are not on to you... Big Grin
Post Reply Post Reply
You probably missed the tiny microphone?
Post Reply Post Reply
Resmed automatically collects your data every 24 hours with a bunch of database servers.

All of your data is shared with Resmed to create dashboards.

The only way to control this is to disable the cell modem.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help Interpreting Resmed Aircurve 10 VAuto Data fracturedhibernation 1 292 02-23-2024, 03:07 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  OSCAR says: "Resmed Airsense 10 does not record detailed data"! Really? PappaJoe 3 535 02-14-2024, 06:38 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  [CPAP] First post - Uploading Airsense 11 AutoSet data to SD card DrBook 2 379 01-03-2024, 07:50 PM
Last Post: DrBook
  How do YOU report Resmed CPAP data for compliance silverchief2 21 1,674 12-17-2023, 03:34 PM
Last Post: Gideon
  [Equipment] How to send data from older Resmed Airsense 10 to sleep doctor? silverchief2 6 864 12-15-2023, 03:50 PM
Last Post: silverchief2
  [Equipment] ResMed S9 Elite stuck "erasing all data", bricked User3001 0 292 11-17-2023, 12:03 PM
Last Post: User3001
  Uploading SD Card Air 11 to Oscar emarkovitz28 3 486 09-19-2023, 04:00 PM
Last Post: emarkovitz28

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.