Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Does S9 ADAPT do all that an S9 VPAP does ...and used prices
Does S9 ADAPT do all that an S9 VPAP does ...and used prices
After getting and reading good advice here on AB, I have been looking for an Air Curve vauto or an S9 VPAP, but have opportunity to get an ADAPT for under $400. I await word on RUN Hours and smoke free usage. If the ADAPT does all the VPAP can do and, therefore, can do more, what would an adviser here say the maximum number of hours might be to pay a private party up to $400? 

As far a I know, I don't need an ASV with my AHI of 0.1 and below. Typically scored events are now down to a single OA, CA or HA, but I have lots of FL and Snore, maybe PLM, and think sleep could be much more restful. Breathing (not yet sleep) test results will be reviewed with a sleep specialized pulmonologist on 4/4.

I have been checking Secondwind, too.

Thank you for considering this and for AB.

2SB
I have no particular qualifications or expertise with respect to the apnea/cpap/sleep related content of my posts beyond my own user experiences and what I've learned from others on this site. Each of us bears the burden of evaluating the validity and applicability of what we read here before acting on it.  

Of my 3 once-needed, helpful, and adjunctive devices I have listed, only the accelerometer remains operative (but now idle). My second CMS50I died, too, of old age and the so-so Dreem 2 needs head-positioning band repair--if, indeed, Dreem even supports use of it now.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Does S9 ADAPT do all that an S9 VPAP does ...and used prices
Adapt is the ASV version and different. I'd wait till after your sleep study and may need a vauto or vpap. Your pressures aren't that high and they may think a cpap is better.
mask fit http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ask_Primer
For auto-cpap, from machine data or software. You can set the min pressure 1 or 2cm below 95%. Or clinicians commonly use the maximum or 95% pressure for fixed pressure CPAP, this can also be used for min pressure.
https://aasm.org/resources/practiceparam...rating.pdf
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Does S9 ADAPT do all that an S9 VPAP does ...and used prices
There is a wide range of S9 VPAP machines and they all do something different. For this reason it's important to have the test results and know which particular machine you need. The list of machines sold in the US includes:
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Aircurve 10 ST-A and Lumis 150 VPAP ST-A just a UK branding difference? SingleH 37 2,239 03-18-2024, 07:51 AM
Last Post: SingleH
  Resmed s9 VPAP auto issue steven7685 0 315 11-17-2023, 03:14 PM
Last Post: steven7685
  Capabilities of ResMed S9 VPAP for treating UARS TryingToGetItRight 7 635 10-06-2023, 01:39 PM
Last Post: McDee
  Quick question for anyone with AirCurve 10 VPAP njf1525 4 628 08-01-2023, 10:22 AM
Last Post: njf1525
  Saving time/date in ResMed S9 vpap adapt Ed in SoDak 4 484 06-18-2023, 11:29 AM
Last Post: Ed in SoDak
  [Pressure] aircurve 10 asv constantly corrects me and i can't adapt Emtvalenti 7 681 05-11-2023, 10:30 PM
Last Post: DevinJones
  [Treatment] Air curve Asv CPAP mode vs AirSense 10 AutoSet CPAP mode (I don't adapt autoasv) Emtvalenti 0 399 05-07-2023, 05:06 PM
Last Post: Emtvalenti

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.