Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Does The S9 Beep?
RE: Does The S9 Beep?
Someone once had a CPAP that was beeping and we were going nuts trying to help them figure out what the beeping was. He finally moved it off his table to take everything apart from it and found a small digital clock behind it. The machine was hitting a button on the clock, making it start beeping until he moved the machine to turn it off.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(07-04-2014, 07:44 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: Someone once had a CPAP that was beeping and we were going nuts trying to help them figure out what the beeping was. He finally moved it off his table to take everything apart from it and found a small digital clock behind it. The machine was hitting a button on the clock, making it start beeping until he moved the machine to turn it off.
If memory serve me right, it was projection clock
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-04-2014, 04:40 PM)diamaunt Wrote: the manual and my vpap auto don't agree on that point, I do have the leak alert available in vauto mode on mine,

Leak Alert is on the Options page of the Clinical Setup menu. Third item. Choices are off, on, or patient.

I have verified this on my S9 VPAP Auto (in auto mode) and it's on page 18 of the Clinical Guide.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-04-2014, 09:52 PM)Sleepster Wrote: Leak Alert is on the Options page of the Clinical Setup menu. Third item. Choices are off, on, or patient.

I have verified this on my S9 VPAP Auto (in auto mode) and it's on page 18 of the Clinical Guide.

yes, however, where the manual doesn't agree is page 20. where there's no checkmark next to leak alert under vauto mode.

looks like they forgot one, since the vauto does allow it, at least, mine, and yours.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-04-2014, 05:40 PM)diamaunt Wrote: do those beep? in the autoset? I remember setting 'em in my elite, just for fun, and then forgetting about 'em, never heard a beep from it though.

it annoyed me that I couldn't *FIND* a beeper on the pics of the elite and vpap adapt boards I have, and yet I knew that my vpap auto beeped, so I ended up taking it apart, and, confirmed again, it looks exactly the same, then I found the beeper, after googling a part number or two.

they all have it. so, it's *possible* the autoset is chirpin at you. Smile

Sneaky designers.

I set one of these alerts in my AutoSet, but it appears you can't set one less than a week ahead, so hopefully we'll know in a week or so. I hope it doesn't start beeping and I forget setting this.

I had a strange beeping once. It turns out something was sitting on a little kitchen timer I had on the table and pushing on the buttons. Some times when I'd move certain things, I'd get a bunch of beeps, but it would tend not to do it when I wanted it to.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-04-2014, 10:37 PM)diamaunt Wrote: yes, however, where the manual doesn't agree is page 20. where there's no checkmark next to leak alert under vauto mode.

And two columns over they list Off/On instead of Off/On/Patient as the range of settings.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-04-2014, 03:00 PM)archangle Wrote: Jim, maybe someone hit you with an Annoy-a-tron. (Google it, I don't think I can post a link.)

Oh, I am so getting one of those. And I know just where I'm putting it.
[Image: 81GI5VMQzZL._SL1500_.jpg]
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Very similar to a problem we had at our old house in Indiana. We had no doorbell, but about every 3-4 months, in the dead of night at random times, we would hear this very loud DING-DONG doorbell-like sound (as in the short clip below). It was loud enough to wake us up, but every time it happened, we could not figure out what was going on... I literally spent hours going from room to room trying to pinpiont the source. Never did find out what it was.

Enough to drive me crazy and make me somewhat paranoid. Glad we moved. Crazy

SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Post Reply Post Reply
I haven't been successful in verifying this but I now suspect my hearing aid dryer beeps. When turned on, the dryer runs for 8 hours and automatically shuts down. Maybe it beeps at the end of the cycle? It's a Dry&Store Zephyr and there is no mention of a beep in the user's manual. Or maybe I'm finally going completely nuts.Crazy
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] AirSense 10 beep or ding sound Baklash 0 509 07-30-2023, 12:11 PM
Last Post: Baklash
  Why do machines not have option to beep, when leaking? MyronH 9 2,396 10-07-2018, 06:27 PM
Last Post: Mosquitobait
  [Equipment] Does the A10 Beep? Sleepster 9 5,566 01-23-2018, 06:07 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  Make the Beep stop?! quickerNu 1 1,496 01-30-2017, 03:50 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Equipment] Annoying on/off beep on Respironics BIPAP S/T C series rcattell 8 6,118 11-06-2016, 12:07 PM
Last Post: rcattell
  Respironics System One A-Flex, blower won’t start, Beep Beep Alarm, “Service Required rae95131 4 9,144 07-05-2016, 11:42 PM
Last Post: Ghost1958
  [CPAP] anoying beep ttfespe 7 5,483 08-27-2012, 10:26 PM
Last Post: archangle

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.