Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Does This Mean My Machine Has Been Used?
Does This Mean My Machine Has Been Used?
I got an email from MyAir saying that the serial number on my machine previously had a relationship with another provider.

Quote:The serial number of the machine you had on file with myAir previously had a relationship with a provider. That provider has removed this machine from your account so it has also been removed from your myAir account.
Does this mean the machine has been registered before? The machine is supposed to be new, not used.
Thanks,
Ian
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Does This Mean My Machine Has Been Used?
It certainly sounds like it was used, but it may also have been registered by a DME pending sale. Or used as a demo machine. In any case, you should raise this matter with your DME.

There will be a way to check the total run hours - fill in your profile so we know which machine you're using (presumably a Resmed A10 of some sort) and we'll be able to provide more detail.
Post Reply Post Reply
Ianomark, you can get the CPAP setup manual for your machine, a.k.a. clinical manual. http://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-pr...tup-manual

As suggested above, the run hours are the number of hours the blower has operated. Your machine also tracks User hours. If there is a large discrepancy, you got a used machine.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I recently purchased a 'gently used' machine from an online supplier and I also received the same message you refer to in your original post. I think it is because the online supplier originally purchased the machine which was registered to him. I was able to change the registration of my machine from the supplier to myself.
Post Reply Post Reply
Does this also mean I have no warranty?

Ian
Post Reply Post Reply
Your warranty is for 2-years and is administered by the authorized seller of your equipment. The manufacture date of your machine is, to the best of my recollection, the first 4 digits in the serial number. So if it is 2316, the machine was made in the 23rd week of 2016. What did you see when you looked at the run hours on the machine? Where did you get your machine?

Corrected below: The year are digits 2 and 3 and the week is digits 4 and 5. That will teach me to use my "best recollection".
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Correction on the serial number: The first two digits indicate the country of manufacture (22 is Australia...), the second pair is the year, and the third pair is the week of the year. I don't know if each model has its own sequence, or if they don't plan on making more than 99999 machines per week  Grin
Post Reply Post Reply
I got the machine through Amazon from a US seller. I guess that is my problem. Even with the taxes and duties, it was still almost $300 cheaper than getting it at a Canadian seller. I just hope nothing goes wrong.

Ian
Post Reply Post Reply
Many of the Amazon sellers are distributors selling out the back door. They will honor a warranty and I've never heard of a used machine being sold. We have told you how to find the run hours. I think you may be worrying over nothing.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
(10-22-2017, 09:25 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: Ianomark, you can get the CPAP setup manual for your machine, a.k.a. clinical manual. http://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-pr...tup-manual

As suggested above, the run hours are the number of hours the blower has operated.  Your machine also tracks User hours. If there is a large discrepancy, you got a used machine.

The user hours on the Airsense for Her are only for the last 30 days.  So, except for the first 200 or so hours, they will not match the machine hours.  I would think the regular Airsense is similar.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 291 265,211 04-15-2024, 05:00 PM
Last Post: Poolboy
  machine died! Now new doctor and new machine Bjazzman 17 6,887 09-05-2022, 09:07 PM
Last Post: NValtman11
  [CPAP] Using SoClean Machine with CPAP Machine ronald1810 4 1,353 06-01-2022, 10:18 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  Pin from power plug stuck in machine ResMed cpap machine B10576 12 6,806 04-08-2018, 08:24 PM
Last Post: Hellodare
  Forgot to put card back in machine, is there a way to copy it from machine to card? Marnid2014 6 6,299 04-06-2014, 08:54 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.