Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Does Your Expensive Resmed 10 have Auto Daylight Saving Time Adjustment?
Does Your Expensive Resmed 10 have Auto Daylight Saving Time Adjustment?
I am asking because I had to adjust mine manually today and it won't let you adjust time and date without erasing all the data first.
So if there's a trick to this that you know of, please let us know , otherwise make sure you backup your data before adjusting the clock on your Resmed 10 series PAP machine.

Note:
Many people may not care about the precision of time settings on their machines and it really doesn't matter unless like me, you sync your CPAP data with other data like an Oximeter that automatically adjusts its internal clock because it is bluetooth connected to your smartphone, in which case the data will be an hour out of synch, starting today. Or you may just be a bit nerdy and want all clocks in your home to read the right time, including your CPAP machine.
Either case a clock in my opinion has to tell the correct time 24/7, period.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Does Your Expensive Resmed 10 have Auto Daylight Saving Time Adjustment?
As mentioned in a different thread, http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...#pid420760
You must wait to adjust the time until after the CPAP machine's clock noon, and before you have recorded any new data, so perhaps around 2 or 3 in the afternoon.
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have the same issue! Following!
Post Reply Post Reply
The easiest way for me to fix this was not adjust for Daylight Saving. Set once and forget.

When I was on ASV therapy, I looked at the clock once over 2 years. This was to set it somewhat close to the correct time when I did the initial setup. I don't think the DME RT could even get the time set.

No ResMed machine, or any other brand, that I'm aware of automatically changes Daylight Saving Time. It's very likely because the DME's didn't see it as necessary. And there's the one and only time I agree with any DME.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-07-2021, 11:25 AM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: The easiest way for me to fix this was not adjust for Daylight Saving. Set once and forget.

When I was on ASV therapy, I looked at the clock once over 2 years. This was to set it somewhat close to the correct time when I did the initial setup. I don't think the DME RT could even get the time set.

No ResMed machine, or any other brand, that I'm aware of automatically changes Daylight Saving Time. It's very likely because the DME's didn't see it as necessary. And there's the one and only time I agree with any DME.

BINGO!  RIGHT ON!  YOU NAILED IT!

Well-done
Post Reply Post Reply
If there is a clock in my VAuto I don't believe I've touched it in 6 years.

(of course there is a clock, but I've never touched it)
Post Reply Post Reply
Agreed to all.
On another note, I’m really impressed as to the accuracy of my ASV’s internal clock. It keeps accurate time with no perceived drift as compared to my iPhone.
RayBee

~ Self-Treatment - via ApneaBoard experts.
~ Self-Pay - no help from Kaiser other than getting my script, then a pat on the butt and out the door.
~ Self-Educated - via ApneaBoard experts, its many users, and posted reference material.
~ Complex Apnea - All Night AHI=34.2/h, Supine AHI=45.5/h
~ Using a 2021 16" MacBook Pro M1 Max, 32 GB, 1 TB, macOS Monterey V12.6.2.
~ Pay no attention to the dog behind the cup, he ain't a docta, and does not give medical advise.
~ Woof, woof.

I-love-Apnea-Board
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-07-2021, 11:11 AM)Joe Bezz Wrote: I have the same issue! Following!

Normally (as other people have suggested) this really doesn't matter except for 6 months in the year that the clock is off by an hour Big Grin
You can probably offset that by making the clock read the wrong time by 30 minutes all year long, however when it comes to synching your CPAP data with your separate Oximeter data, it gets a bit problematic in Oscar or any other software, where the taximeter date (normally set correctly by your smartphone) is offset to your CPAP dayta by an hour (or 30 minutes if you offset your CPAP clock to average the time).
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-07-2021, 11:25 AM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: It's very likely because the DME's didn't see it as necessary. And there's the one and only time I agree with any DME.

Unless of course you want to synch your CPAP data with other devoices like an separate Oximeter that automatically sets the correct time as it reads your smartphone clock.
Then your data is out of synch by an hour, how I found out the issue this morning.
Thanks for the input though.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-07-2021, 11:55 AM)S. Manz Wrote: Unless of course you want to synch your CPAP data with other devoices like an separate Oximeter that automatically sets the correct time as it reads your smartphone clock.

I have to agree with that!  Importing Wellue data OSCAR insists on changing the oxi data to 1 hour before or 1 hour after the reported CPAP start time.

I'v tried changing the oxi data filename to a different time.  OSCAR just doesn't seem to want to make it the same time as the CPAP data.

Haven't tried it with the CMS50f yet but I know that has a tick box to change the oxi time to CPAP start time.
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Newbie Q on using OSCAR for first time Tman1966 0 8 22 minutes ago
Last Post: Tman1966
  Air11 now does daylight savings time! cathyf 5 209 Yesterday, 06:51 AM
Last Post: somewherein413
  Airsense 11 Time Zone Change ScottZZZ 60 17,435 03-26-2024, 11:56 AM
Last Post: somewherein413
  TIME FOR SLEEPRIDER'S annual DST WARNING srlevine1 19 619 03-12-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: Homerec130
  First time looking at graphs interpretation help smallhandsfeeding 1 244 03-11-2024, 08:12 AM
Last Post: jdavis
  Setting time and date on Resmed Airsense 10 cmadon 42 32,184 03-08-2024, 09:13 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Taking mask off at the same time everynight sleepyman95 2 173 03-08-2024, 12:25 AM
Last Post: sleepyman95

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.