Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Does Your Expensive Resmed 10 have Auto Daylight Saving Time Adjustment?
RE: Does Your Expensive Resmed 10 have Auto Daylight Saving Time Adjustment?
I've tested the Viatom/Wellue importer in OSCAR version 1.3.0 on both Windows and Linux. In all cases it used the date/time file name without error. What are you experiencing on a Mac?
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-07-2021, 12:51 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: What are you experiencing on a Mac?

It just will not import the oxi data to the same time as CPAP data.

For example:
The oxi data file is 20211107004310
My CPAP data show starting at 00:42:10 but importing oxi it shows 23:42:10
If I change the time in the oxi data file to 014210 then OSCAR show the oxi data at 01:42:10, still an hour off from the start time shown for the CPAP data.

Just can't get the start times to line up.  Dont-know
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
The issue here is that OSCAR is calculation the offset based on the current time, rather than the actual session start time (and date). I believe we have a fix for that, although I'm not sure if it handles this exact situation.

It won't happen again tomorrow, or for the next six/four months. Smile

Standard Time Forever!
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
You can change the time on The ResMed 10 if you do it after noon of the unit's clock. I was able to do it at 1:30pm without erasing any data. When I tried in the morning, it wouldn't let me move clock back. Manual said that need to erase data which I didn't want to do.
Post Reply Post Reply
You can set the time back, so long as the new time is not before any data that is recorded on the SD card.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
For the AirSense 10:

My AirSense 10 was shipped to me with USA, EST. I live in PST.  The Daylight Savings issue is secondary for me, but it's the reason I looked at the clock and saw it was off by three hours.   :-(

The time (zone) setting is in the Clinician Menu. . . .

BUT you can NOT go "earlier" (in time) if you recorded any data (i.e., you have already used the machine), UNLESS you delete all of the session data first.  (Settings and total machine hours in use are not affected, as far as I can tell.)

Of course, I keep current back ups, including in OSCAR, and checked to make sure "The (infamous, maligned) "cloud" had the data before I wiped the machine.

I doubt if I'll worry about DT vs ST (i.e., the annual twice/year time changes), but the three-hour "error" was unacceptable, esp. since I received this device less than 2 months ago.

This is another one in the ongoing series, "Thank You Apria!" (not) for NOT properly configuring the device before shipping it to a customer.   :-(
Post Reply Post Reply
Most automatic clocks switch time at midnight when a CPAP machine is likely to be in use and switching the time would affect data recorded. How do you propose recording two sets of 1-2 AM data? Lots of data recording devices don't use daylight savings for this reason and if your oximeter didn't match your CPAP you either didn't go to sleep until the change had already occurred or the oximeter arguably didn't record data correctly as both should have started recording at the same time pre change.

It is easy to sync your data for this one night, just purge your oximetry data and then re-upload it with adjusted time. Manually sync your CPAP for tonight and you are done until spring change...
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-07-2021, 01:11 PM)Jeff8356 Wrote: It just will not import the oxi data to the same time as CPAP data.

For example:
The oxi data file is 20211107004310
My CPAP data show starting at 00:42:10 but importing oxi it shows 23:42:10
If I change the time in the oxi data file to 014210 then OSCAR show the oxi data at 01:42:10, still an hour off from the start time shown for the CPAP data.

Just can't get the start times to line up.  Dont-know

Did you try importing at the correct time, 00:42:10? You are making a two hour time change of course it will go from being 1 hr ahead to 1 hr behind.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-07-2021, 04:14 PM)Geer1 Wrote: Most automatic clocks switch time at midnight when a CPAP machine is likely to be in use and switching the time would affect data recorded. How do you propose recording two sets of 1-2 AM data? Lots of data recording devices don't use daylight savings for this reason and if your oximeter didn't match your CPAP you either didn't go to sleep until the change had already occurred or the oximeter arguably didn't record data correctly as both should have started recording at the same time pre change.

It is easy to sync your data for this one night, just purge your oximetry data and then re-upload it with adjusted time. Manually sync your CPAP for tonight and you are done until spring change...

First of all the device can be operating and recording data during the DTS changeover. Then update the time, once the machine has been turned off (my proposal). This way people would get a maximum of only 1 session of data that is wrong on timing.
The machine can also just update its clock if its not in use.
As for the Oximeter, it does it exactly how I explained above, except that in my case I put it on after 2 am, so the oximeter clock was already updated.
Problem is that these sophisticated machines have no Auto DTS. Its like they simply ignored it at design process.

"....It is easy to sync your data for this one night, just purge your oximetry data and then re-upload it with adjusted time....."
No it is NOT Big Grin ... CPAP data will still be 1 hour lagging the REAL time....unless you "erase all the data" in order to update your CPAP clock.
Post Reply Post Reply
No offense implied whatsoever, but I'm certain ResMed et al aren't likely to take up your request. As I said earlier, the manufacturers and DME's are likely not going to be convinced it's necessary. Remember, a certain PAP manufacturer decided recently users don't need their usage data on their new model. They're not are all concerned with you not being able to sync SpO2 meters etc.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Air11 now does daylight savings time! cathyf 5 215 03-27-2024, 06:51 AM
Last Post: somewherein413
  Airsense 11 Time Zone Change ScottZZZ 60 17,455 03-26-2024, 11:56 AM
Last Post: somewherein413
  TIME FOR SLEEPRIDER'S annual DST WARNING srlevine1 19 624 03-12-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: Homerec130
  First time looking at graphs interpretation help smallhandsfeeding 1 245 03-11-2024, 08:12 AM
Last Post: jdavis
  Setting time and date on Resmed Airsense 10 cmadon 42 32,206 03-08-2024, 09:13 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Taking mask off at the same time everynight sleepyman95 2 175 03-08-2024, 12:25 AM
Last Post: sleepyman95
  Having a terrible time--please help with OSCAR Montacute 25 813 03-06-2024, 10:27 AM
Last Post: sarahsleeps

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.