Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Does Your Expensive Resmed 10 have Auto Daylight Saving Time Adjustment?
RE: Does Your Expensive Resmed 10 have Auto Daylight Saving Time Adjustment?
If I remember correctly, you choose your time zone when setting up your profile (mine is PST).  Can you change that setting when our time settings change--like going forward or backward for the change period?  Mine is off an hour now--OSCAR was an hour ahead of PDT.  Will see what it shows tomorrow.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-07-2021, 06:12 PM)SideSleeper Wrote: If I remember correctly, you choose your time zone when setting up your profile (mine is PST).  Can you change that setting when our time settings change--like going forward or backward for the change period?  Mine is off an hour now--OSCAR was an hour ahead of PDT.  Will see what it shows tomorrow.

HUm...There is nowhere on the machine itself to set up a profile and time zone, but maybe there is with Resmed software that connects the machine to your DME (I have disabled my modem). It is called "MyAir" ...But it is doubtful that MyAir can change settings on your machine...Would be interesting to see what your clock shows tomorrow. My guess is that it wiill still be off by an hour.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-07-2021, 04:45 PM)S. Manz Wrote: "....It is easy to sync your data for this one night, just purge your oximetry data and then re-upload it with adjusted time....."
No it is NOT Big Grin ... CPAP data will still be 1 hour lagging the REAL time....unless you "erase all the data" in order to update your CPAP clock.

You didn't have to erase data. As others already explained it wouldn't let you change the time when you tried because you already had data recorded at the time you were trying to change the machine to. All you had to do was wait until that wasn't the case and you could have changed the time. 

Your idea to just change the time once it gets shut off doesn't work for this same reason. If you use the machine up to 4 AM and then shut machine off to go use the bathroom the clock can't change to 3 AM because you already have data recorded at that time and if you turn it back on after bathroom break then what do you expect it to do, overwrite the 3 AM data? That is arguably the way these machines should be programmed but Resmed has decided to make the machines so they can't overwrite data and probably has a reason for doing so. 

Changing my clock took me all of 10 seconds and I did not have to erase data. Now that you know the limitations of your machine your next change will be just as easy...
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-07-2021, 06:12 PM)SideSleeper Wrote: If I remember correctly, you choose your time zone when setting up your profile (mine is PST).  Can you change that setting when our time settings change--like going forward or backward for the change period?  Mine is off an hour now--OSCAR was an hour ahead of PDT.  Will see what it shows tomorrow.

You have to go into clinical settings and change time manually and at a time that it won't interfere with previously recorded data.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-07-2021, 09:36 PM)Geer1 Wrote: You didn't have to erase data. As others already explained it wouldn't let you change the time when you tried because you already had data recorded at the time you were trying to change the machine to. All you had to do was wait until that wasn't the case and you could have changed the time. 
"Wait until it wasn't the case"? Like my machine magically wiped away data that was previously recorded? 
Please explain the "wait"..How long does one to have to "wait" in order for the machine to decide it doesn't have to clear data again.?
Curious.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-07-2021, 04:18 PM)Geer1 Wrote: Did you try importing at the correct time, 00:42:10? You are making a two hour time change of course it will go from being 1 hr ahead to 1 hr behind.

20211107004310 is the original time of the oxi file.  Didn't work.  But I did try different variations of time to get the oxi data to import correctly.  Nothing worked.  Not a big deal for me, it's just one night with wonky times.  I can live with it.
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-07-2021, 09:37 PM)Geer1 Wrote: You have to go into clinical settings and change time manually and at a time that it won't interfere with previously recorded data.

We all KNOW that already, except that it does not let us "change" data and time in the past without having to erase the data first ...You keep repeating the same thing that we already know over and over dude Big Grin
What we would like you to tell us is how long we have to "wait" before we can change the darn clock without having to erase data and why that "wait" magically solves the problem.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-07-2021, 11:16 PM)S. Manz Wrote: "Wait until it wasn't the case"? Like my machine magically wiped away data that was previously recorded? 
Please explain the "wait"..How long does one to have to "wait" in order for the machine to decide it doesn't have to clear data again.?
Curious.

As an example, if you turned your machine off at 9am, you have to wait at least one hour before trying to turn the time back in your machine.  If you don't it will cause a problem because you already have data written to the SD card at 9am but you are trying to set the time earlier than the data already recorded.

I recommend waiting until the afternoon or evening to change the time.  No chance of problems with the data then.
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
A ResMed 'day' runs from noon to noon. if you wait until after noon, and don't set the time back to before noon, there will be no problem. If you want to turn it back one hour (typical for the fall in the Northern Hemisphere), you have to wait until after 1:00 pm, although I prefer waiting until 3 or 4 or 6 or 7.

As Jeff has found, synching a CPAP machine with an auto-synching device is probably not possible on the DST change days.
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-07-2021, 09:36 PM)Geer1 Wrote: You didn't have to erase data. As others already explained it wouldn't let you change the time when you tried because you already had data recorded at the time you were trying to change the machine to. All you had to do was wait until that wasn't the case and you could have changed the time. 

Your idea to just change the time once it gets shut off doesn't work for this same reason. If you use the machine up to 4 AM and then shut machine off to go use the bathroom the clock can't change to 3 AM because you already have data recorded at that time and if you turn it back on after bathroom break then what do you expect it to do, overwrite the 3 AM data? That is arguably the way these machines should be programmed but Resmed has decided to make the machines so they can't overwrite data and probably has a reason for doing so. 

Changing my clock took me all of 10 seconds and I did not have to erase data. Now that you know the limitations of your machine your next change will be just as easy...

Oh boy you LOVE your little machine, ha?:-)
Look I have read the entire thread and I am sorry but you are being curt with posters and you don't seem to know how to explain things too well. That's just my opinion.
Like the OP I would also like to know what you had to wait for, before your machine let you change its little clock without throwing a tantrum. So maybe you can just explain that and everything will be alright, yes?:-)
I don't even have a Resmed machine and I know for a fact that a lot of people complain about these corks with Resmed. Maybe its because the original designers were from down-under, who knows? but my Dreamstation-1 has a similar problem and they have solved it by not letting you set the correct time to begin with. Dreamstation-1 only let you set the clock in 30 minute increments so you could be from 0 to 30 minutes out, depending on what time you set your clock and they don't adjust for DTS either.
So I too am curious to learn what it is that you actually "wait" for, before you can set the clock without having to erase the data.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Air11 now does daylight savings time! cathyf 5 201 Yesterday, 06:51 AM
Last Post: somewherein413
  Airsense 11 Time Zone Change ScottZZZ 60 17,416 03-26-2024, 11:56 AM
Last Post: somewherein413
  TIME FOR SLEEPRIDER'S annual DST WARNING srlevine1 19 614 03-12-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: Homerec130
  First time looking at graphs interpretation help smallhandsfeeding 1 244 03-11-2024, 08:12 AM
Last Post: jdavis
  Setting time and date on Resmed Airsense 10 cmadon 42 32,173 03-08-2024, 09:13 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Taking mask off at the same time everynight sleepyman95 2 171 03-08-2024, 12:25 AM
Last Post: sleepyman95
  Having a terrible time--please help with OSCAR Montacute 25 802 03-06-2024, 10:27 AM
Last Post: sarahsleeps

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.