Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Does Your Expensive Resmed 10 have Auto Daylight Saving Time Adjustment?
RE: Does Your Expensive Resmed 10 have Auto Daylight Saving Time Adjustment?
(11-07-2021, 11:28 PM)Jeff8356 Wrote: As an example, if you turned your machine off at 9am, you have to wait at least one hour before trying to turn the time back in your machine.  If you don't it will cause a problem because you already have data written to the SD card at 9am but you are trying to set the time earlier than the data already recorded.

I recommend waiting until the afternoon or evening to change the time.  No chance of problems with the data then.
That's the BEST explanation , thank you....
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-07-2021, 11:28 PM)Jeff8356 Wrote: As an example, if you turned your machine off at 9am, you have to wait at least one hour before trying to turn the time back in your machine.  If you don't it will cause a problem because you already have data written to the SD card at 9am but you are trying to set the time earlier than the data already recorded.

I recommend waiting until the afternoon or evening to change the time.  No chance of problems with the data then.

To test this, I will try and set the clock back 1 hour after I stop using it, by 59 minutes . According to your explanation, it should have no issues.
I will update the thread then.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-07-2021, 09:36 PM)Geer1 Wrote: Y. If you use the machine up to 4 AM and then shut machine off to go use the bathroom the clock can't change to 3 AM because you already have data recorded at that time and if you turn it back on after bathroom break then what do you expect it to do, overwrite the 3 AM data? That is arguably the way these machines should be programmed but Resmed has decided to make the machines so they can't overwrite data and probably has a reason for doing so. 

So my original idea DOES work except that  resmed guys didn't feel like overwriting data, which by logic should be overwritten when time changes.
And like I explained, let's say you don't take a bathroom break and wake up at 6 am and shut your machine down. The firmware can easily update its clock then.
Heck the firmware could just change its clock on the fly and do a simple flag on the data without even having to overwrite it but simply stop recording at 2 AM, reset the clock to 1 AM and run a parallel set of data for the 1 hour.
There could have been a bunch of different imaginative things to do to work around the DTS issue, but they didn't do any of it...they just pumped out the machine and let consumer sobs figure it out
There, problem solved.:-)
Post Reply Post Reply
Yeah, I'll just live with the messed up time that I have on my machine. I'll end up causing a catastrophe if I try to change the clock on my machine. No thanks.

Gee, modern technology is swell. Remember when you could change the hour on a clock by, you know, having to actually turn a dial? So much work! How primitive.

As things are, I just have to wait until later in the day to get all of my data from the previous night displayed on Oscar.
Post Reply Post Reply
Its funny how I opened this forum tonight, after messing around with my DS1 clock today. I wanted to see if anyone else is having issues with DTS on their CPAP clocks .
Dreamstations are even worse. I should start a thread for DS PAPs.

Great thread .

(11-08-2021, 12:31 AM)hegel. Wrote: Gee, modern technology is swell. Remember when you could change the hour on a clock by, you know, having to actually turn a dial? So much work! How primitive.

Dielaughing
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks to all for the comments on this thread. I have found it helpful. I too discovered this morning that my cpap data and oximetry data were out of sync because of DST. My question now is; is there a way to adjust the start time on the cpap data to correct the data since DST was implemented?
Post Reply Post Reply
I just don't see the point of bothering with the time setting.  It gives you data of how many hours and all of the events.  What difference does it make if it happened 3 instead of 4am?
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-18-2021, 03:11 PM)Gary K Wrote: Thanks to all for the comments on this thread. I have found it helpful. I too discovered this morning that my cpap data and oximetry data were out of sync because of DST. My question now is; is there a way to adjust the start time on the cpap data to correct the data since DST was implemented?

I don't think there is, and I doubt if it can be done through OSCAR either.
Yes, its unbelievable that sophisticated equipment that have a market size in the range of hundreds of billions $$, can't auto update their own internal DTS:-)
Post Reply Post Reply
You can manually sync oximetry data in OSCAR for that night if so desired...

I haven't bothered doing it in a while so a bit rusty but I believe the process is as follows.
-Save data using SPO2 review.
-In OSCAR "Import from a datafile saved by another program, like SPO2 review".
-Import using the oximeter time.
-Check data to determine time offset required to make perfect. I used to make this easy by holding breath and removing oximeter twice at beginning of the -night so it was easy to determine the time offset.
-Purge oximetry data and then reimport and adjust the time according to the offset you just determined.

I have also seen people mention ways of changing data file name or something to correct times but never did it that way myself.

If anything OSCAR should have a simpler way to adjust/sync oximetry times, DST allowance will never make syncing accurately because that only corrects to the hour and not minute/second required for accurate syncing (which is the reason I figured out how to do this manually).

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
(11-18-2021, 03:15 PM)staceyburke Wrote: I just don't see the point of bothering with the time setting.  It gives you data of how many hours and all of the events.  What difference does it make if it happened 3 instead of 4am?

If all you are looking at is the cpap data, then, sure, I agree. But I've got a pulse-ox (which is also stupid about the time!) and a fitbit which is excellent at keeping time since being a wristwatch is a core function. Yes absolute time doesn't really matter, everything just has to match. But if you are going to chose one time to be authoritative and adjust all of the others, you might as well use the actual correct time as the authoritative one!

(I'm easily confused, and the correct time is a bit less confusing)
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Air11 now does daylight savings time! cathyf 5 203 Yesterday, 06:51 AM
Last Post: somewherein413
  Airsense 11 Time Zone Change ScottZZZ 60 17,417 03-26-2024, 11:56 AM
Last Post: somewherein413
  TIME FOR SLEEPRIDER'S annual DST WARNING srlevine1 19 614 03-12-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: Homerec130
  First time looking at graphs interpretation help smallhandsfeeding 1 244 03-11-2024, 08:12 AM
Last Post: jdavis
  Setting time and date on Resmed Airsense 10 cmadon 42 32,173 03-08-2024, 09:13 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Taking mask off at the same time everynight sleepyman95 2 171 03-08-2024, 12:25 AM
Last Post: sleepyman95
  Having a terrible time--please help with OSCAR Montacute 25 802 03-06-2024, 10:27 AM
Last Post: sarahsleeps

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.