Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

remstar pro cflex+ not working
remstar pro cflex+ not working
i have a Respironics REMstar pro C-flex plus machine that stopped working. It shows a code V1.24 is that something that can be fixed easily or do I need a new machine thank you
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: remstar pro cflex+ not working
I could be wrong, but I think V1.24 is the firmware version that displays when the machine is first powered up. Have you de-powered the machine (unplugged it) for a bit, then reapplied power?
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-15-2015, 11:39 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: I could be wrong, but I think V1.24 is the firmware version that displays when the machine is first powered up. Have you de-powered the machine (unplugged it) for a bit, then reapplied power?

I did shut it down and powered it up again and same thing won't run and makes beeping sound . after the V1.24 shows also reads service needed. and thanks for any help
Post Reply Post Reply
Unplug the device, remove any data card, plug back in and see if error continues.

Repeating 2 short beeps and Service Required indicates the unit is in SAFE mode. It may be a defective power supply. If you have a multimeter, check voltage. You can try a new power supply to see if it works. A power supply from Batteries Plus or Radio Shack may have the 12-volt 5.0 amp power you need (12 volt 6.57 amps with heated hose).

If you're using the heated hose, try using a standard hose. If all this fails, the unit has to go in for service. Check Craigslist for an extra or replacement machine.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
You're probably screwed, but try a few things.

Take out the water tank.
Unplug the power brick from the wall and the CPAP machine.
Unplug the power cable from the brick.
Remove the humidifier unit (not the tank) from the CPAP blower machine. There's a little slide on the far end of the bottom of the humidifier unit that releases the humidifier from the blower unit.

Plug the cables back into the brick and the blower unit. Leave the humidifier unit unconnected. See if it turns on.

If you end up getting a new CPAP unit, be sure to get a fully data capable model. There is info on which machines are good in the useful links in my signature line below.

If you get a new one, you may be able to get a PRS1 machine that will work with your existing humidifier, but you'll need to figure out whether it's a 50 series or a 60 series PRS1 machine.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
Well I pulled the sim card out of it, and plugged it into the wall outlet instead of the strip outlet and it finally came back on. Thank you for all the help
Post Reply Post Reply
Your welcome. Your machine is getting a little long in the tooth. This will solve the current problem, but start looking for an update. I updated from a M-Series I originally got in 2008 just this past December. It was definitely on borrowed time. Since changing, my therapy has been a lot more effective, and I can finally make use of the Sleepyhead software that makes a huge difference.

Good luck
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi moondawg407,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
It's good to hear that you got your machine working again but I would be looking for a newer machine.
Much success to you as you continue your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New Machine and settings not working snapperzz 3 93 03-26-2024, 02:10 AM
Last Post: snapperzz
  Is my Philips Remstar Pro System One working? alanbc 11 372 03-13-2024, 11:41 AM
Last Post: alanbc
  25 years of cpap, and still not working good Johan van der veen 2 176 03-08-2024, 10:15 AM
Last Post: Johan van der veen
Question SD Formatting and OSCAR not working smallhandsfeeding 2 199 02-02-2024, 03:24 PM
Last Post: smallhandsfeeding
  [Equipment] 12 months of therapy. Tried several masks/nothing working Tiredkiwi 5 492 12-30-2023, 11:15 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  Remstar -> DS 1(new foam) mw1655 0 252 11-29-2023, 05:54 AM
Last Post: mw1655
  [Treatment] new to this - is it working? human 7 571 11-04-2023, 11:45 AM
Last Post: human

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.