Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Does a retainer prevent teeth from shifting during cpap use?
Does a retainer prevent teeth from shifting during cpap use?
While wearing a full face mask, it puts alot of pressure on the teeth and jaw which can potentially cause your teeth and mouth shape to change. Will wearing a retainer prevent this movement?

FYI, I have a retainer that I only wear about once a week per my orthandoist's advice since my braces were removed a long time ago however do you recommend that I where it  every night regardless to prevent cpap mask from shifting my teeth or jaw or will the shift happen regardless of wearing a retainer?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Does a retainer prevent teeth from shifting during cpap use?
I wear Invisalign retainers nightly. I finished treatment about two weeks before I was dx’d with OSA. I started with a FFM and am now using nasal pillows (AirFit P10). My teeth look as good as they did when I completed treatment in January.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Does a retainer prevent teeth from shifting during cpap use?
Thanks for the reply
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  clenching teeth, biting tongue JenniferJuniper 13 243 04-15-2024, 09:46 AM
Last Post: JenniferJuniper
Thumbsdown Tongue Holder / Retainer with CPAP does not meet expectations. G. Szabo 8 242 04-12-2024, 02:02 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  How to prevent rainout? Dariex 6 172 04-08-2024, 10:52 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Product Suggestions To Help Prevent Back Sleeping mawaw1992 6 172 04-07-2024, 09:19 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  [Equipment] I have to CRANK down my full face mask to prevent leaking. What am I doing wrong? srwilsn3 17 1,535 12-13-2023, 04:08 PM
Last Post: srwilsn3
  How to prevent condensation in the tubing? TiredTom111 5 731 06-24-2023, 04:39 PM
Last Post: Sleepy Quixote
  New product to help prevent mask leaks called V-Com Sleepless in Dewberry 15 2,458 05-13-2023, 05:40 PM
Last Post: logart89

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.