Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Does aerophagia ever get better with time?
Does aerophagia ever get better with time?
I am on relatively low pressure on my ASV, and I'm still getting quite a bit of air in the tummy. I have to use a FFM, because my nose is occasionally stuffy, due to non-allergic rhinitis. Can't take inhalers because of a medication I am on, and they make me jumpy.

Was your aerophagia worse when you started treatment? Did it improve?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Does aerophagia ever get better with time?
My doc prescribed a steroidal spray for my chronic stuffiness. I was on FFM when I had the flu, then I went t a nasal, and now pillows. I found the use if the nasal mask with proper humidity actually helped to clear the stuffiness during the night. I think I had a bit of aerophagia, but it was temporary. Give yourself time to get used to everything and don't give up on treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Use it as an excuse to belch loudly whenever you want.

OMM
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-11-2015, 04:37 PM)OMyMyOHellYes Wrote: Use it as an excuse to belch loudly whenever you want.

OMM

Hahahaha!!!

(04-11-2015, 12:39 PM)trailrider Wrote: My doc prescribed a steroidal spray for my chronic stuffiness. I was on FFM when I had the flu, then I went t a nasal, and now pillows. I found the use if the nasal mask with proper humidity actually helped to clear the stuffiness during the night. I think I had a bit of aerophagia, but it was temporary. Give yourself time to get used to everything and don't give up on treatment.

I'm not giving up on my machine/ ASV treatment. Waking up choking and freaked out from sleep-onset hypopnea SUCKED.

Unfortunately, I can't use steroid sprays, because they make me jumpy. I'm an anxious person lately. Sad

Post Reply Post Reply
I've been running my humidifier on auto, but I might mess with it a bit.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-11-2015, 04:37 PM)OMyMyOHellYes Wrote: Use it as an excuse to belch loudly whenever you want.

OMM

I second this! When my wife gives me a dirty look, I just say hey it's the machine that keeps me alive, you wanted me to do it after all Big Grin
Post Reply Post Reply
My AHI was a little higher this morning; I had a few hypopneas, but my Aerophagia wasn't as intense as it usually is.
Post Reply Post Reply
try the xlear xylitol/saline spray for your nose... it has worked wonders for mine!

train yourself to swallow when you have completed exhale and before inhaling again. helps with both ear pressure, and aerophagia for me.
هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Tongue Suck Technique for prevention of mouth breathing:
  • Place your tongue behind your front teeth on the roof of your mouth
  • let your tongue fill the space between the upper molars
  • gently suck to form a light vacuum

Practising during the day can help you to keep it at night

هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-13-2015, 12:22 AM)DariaVader Wrote: try the xlear xylitol/saline spray for your nose... it has worked wonders for mine!

train yourself to swallow when you have completed exhale and before inhaling again. helps with both ear pressure, and aerophagia for me.

Thank you.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Air11 now does daylight savings time! cathyf 5 215 03-27-2024, 06:51 AM
Last Post: somewherein413
  Airsense 11 Time Zone Change ScottZZZ 60 17,455 03-26-2024, 11:56 AM
Last Post: somewherein413
  New to CPAP, awful aerophagia callamar75 24 614 03-25-2024, 11:26 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  TIME FOR SLEEPRIDER'S annual DST WARNING srlevine1 19 624 03-12-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: Homerec130
  First time looking at graphs interpretation help smallhandsfeeding 1 245 03-11-2024, 08:12 AM
Last Post: jdavis
  4 months in - Do I have to live with aerophagia? RedNailz 18 1,656 03-09-2024, 02:14 PM
Last Post: RedNailz
  Taking mask off at the same time everynight sleepyman95 2 175 03-08-2024, 12:25 AM
Last Post: sleepyman95

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.