Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Does anybody use So Clean2?
Does anybody use So Clean2?
i have seen Numerous ads for So Clean2. I am just wondering if it is worth getting, or is it just a gimmick?  Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Does anybody use So Clean2?
Some people like them but there is no published evidence that they work. You still have to use soap and water and scrub.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
The So Clean uses Ozone to sterilize (or claim to sterilize). I used to use an ozonator for my fish tank, helping to clean the water. Ozone has powerful oxidizing qualities, it is known to attack certain rubber and plastic products (my aquarium use required special tubing, etc.) Some users have claimed that the So Clean has damaged their equipment. there is much information on this site if you search, think you will find more negatives than positives.
Post Reply Post Reply
Don't waste your money.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm a microbiologist and have had extensive experience with disinfectants (sanitizers) and sterilants. I have read everything I can find on SoClean and wouldn't waste my money on it. If you dig deep enough on the FAQs at their website they admit it does not clean and recommend washing equipment routinely. There is some evidence their device kills bacteria but regular cleaning with mild detergent and water will provide the microbial control you need.
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
(05-30-2017, 08:28 AM)Melman Wrote: I'm a microbiologist and have had extensive experience with disinfectants (sanitizers) and sterilants. I have read everything I can find on SoClean and wouldn't waste my money on it. If you dig deep enough on the FAQs at their website they admit it does not clean and recommend washing equipment routinely.  There is some evidence their device kills bacteria but regular cleaning with mild detergent and water will provide the microbial control you need.

One of the best responses I have seen for this device - thanks Melman!
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-30-2017, 11:50 AM)TASmart Wrote:
(05-30-2017, 08:28 AM)Melman Wrote: I'm a microbiologist and have had extensive experience with disinfectants (sanitizers) and sterilants. I have read everything I can find on SoClean and wouldn't waste my money on it. If you dig deep enough on the FAQs at their website they admit it does not clean and recommend washing equipment routinely.  There is some evidence their device kills bacteria but regular cleaning with mild detergent and water will provide the microbial control you need.

One of the best responses I have seen for this device - thanks Melman!

+2 on that.
Post Reply Post Reply
If you are really concerned about it and want to get more than a soap and water clean, get Control III or it's equivalent and use that once in a while.
Will be far cheaper than that silly ozone powered quackery machine and will actually sterilize the surfaces.
Post Reply Post Reply
Control III is a good broad spectrum disinfectant but it does not sterilize. Anyone using it should recognize it is not innocuous. In the concentrated form it is a skin, eye, and inhalation irritant. Also, equipment must be cleaned before treatment with Control III and a contact time of 10 minutes is recommended for maximum effectiveness. I doubt there is any need for it, especially if equipment is cleaned regularly with a mild detergent but I'm not suggesting it should not be used. Just be sure to read and follow the instructions, especially safety information, if you decide to use it.
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

Post Reply Post Reply
Tried to edit and change sterilize to disinfect but wouldn't let me.
You're right, wrong choice of word.

However, it will do what it says it does if you're worried about it.

I definitely agree that there is probably no need.
I have never used anything but detergent/water and I have actually had far LESS colds/flu/sick whatever since I started using a bilevel machine.
I work with a lot of people that have lots of kids in school and they are always passing around the current gross bug.

I think I would only use it if I just came off being really sick or something and did not want to re-infect myself, though still probably overkill.

All the doctors at my sleep center use cpap and they laugh when new patients mention the unit.
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.