Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Does anyone else swallow air with their mouth shut?
RE: Does anyone else swallow air with their mouth shut?
Thanks for the preview of oximetry results. Did you ever consider that your Dentist is qualified to manage your apnea care? Dentists can legally write the prescriptions and guide your therapy.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
OMG, that's great to know! I was wondering about that. Then he can renew the prescription for the oxygen, too.

He said what I have is laryngopharyngeal reflux, not gastro-esophageal. LPR, not GERD.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-14-2019, 10:41 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: not much more we can do other than refer you to a doctor for medical evaluation of the problem, or counseling if it is an anxiety disorder.

Well, there is something very interesting happening at low pressures, but I should probably post that on a different thread, along with my oximetry comparisons. I don't know the custom here on apneaboard: should I add to my initial (epic 15-page) thread? Start a new one?

Seeing a counselor is a good idea simply because I have mild PTSD from being ill for 26 years. My husband has it too, from witnessing my illness. I have not had the luxury yet: I've been doing crisis management for my Dad and I'm his POA. 

After we moved him last year to a different Alzheimer's facility, I decided 2018 was the year for me to see conventional docs, mainly for more diagnostic information, since their treatments never wind up being "well tolerated" in my case. The exception is an antiviral medication that targets EBV; I had a meningeal infection 26 years ago. It's a common trigger for Myalgic Encephalomyelitis.

Now I'm exhausted from too many grueling medical encounters. Obviously, some of these docs were excellent. Others just want to bounce me around. The only doc I still might find useful would be a laryngologist. All we have are ENTs in our town, so I'll have to make do, or go 2 hours to Bozeman.
Post Reply Post Reply
The advantage of continuing to use the "epic thread" is that all of the history and chartsarre there. There is no advantage to starting multiple threads.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-14-2019, 11:17 PM)picante Wrote: Was your body mass index low when aerophagia started?

I was ~30 when it started. I went from 36 to now 28. I don't put too much faith into those indexes but my GP does and reminds me every time I see him. Oh-jeez
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Mouth leak with new machine LaraM 0 34 Today, 06:41 AM
Last Post: LaraM
  How do I reduce mouth leaking? meatheadmd 6 376 Yesterday, 01:42 PM
Last Post: Old Codger
  Mouth Tape Tradegy PappaJoe 5 317 03-23-2024, 01:49 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  OSCAR flow rate assessment -- mouth leaks, palatal prolapse? manders513 9 230 03-22-2024, 06:16 PM
Last Post: BigWing
  How can I tell if my mouth is open with a nasal mask while I sleep? evenflow 15 1,080 03-08-2024, 09:55 PM
  Choosing Apnea Mouth Guard newtothis1 9 806 03-08-2024, 09:52 PM
  Dry mouth even using mouth tape Wcsleep 8 1,165 03-08-2024, 09:37 PM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.