Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Does anyone know how to cancel ResMed MyAir?
Does anyone know how to cancel ResMed MyAir?
I subscribed to ResMed MyAir when I first got my machine before finding this board. It's terrible. Almost no info, data is only available for 2 wks, and I don't feel comfortable with them having my data given the nature of their site. There's no way that I can see to contact them or cancel my account. Probably the worst site I've ever seen. Especially when you consider how expensive their machines are.

So do any of you clever tech people know a way to unsubscribe? I guess I can get in touch with the company I bought it from and see if they can do it. It's just that I'm not very mobile so doing it myself from my computer would be much easier.

Thanks for any help.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Does anyone know how to cancel ResMed MyAir?
Yes, if you go to the main page and scroll all the way to the bottom, you will see a "contact us" option. Ask them what info they need to clear your MyAir. I had a used machine and just sent them the serial number and that 3 digit number and they cleared any prior access to that machine.
Post Reply Post Reply
I find it useful for a quick summary if I didn't get a chance to look at Sleepyhead for the day. It's not all bad.

They are welcome to look at my sleep stats for all the good it will do them. Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
I like the APP on my phone.

They need that info to keep you compliant. I spoke to them today to see how long it will take before the machine is MINE.

They told me 9 months and then bye bye....LOL..

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi lala,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Good luck to you with your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-21-2017, 07:20 PM)Mosquitobait Wrote: Yes, if you go to the main page and scroll all the way to the bottom, you will see a "contact us" option.  Ask them what info they need to clear your MyAir.  I had a used machine and just sent them the serial number and that 3 digit number and they cleared any prior access to that machine.

On the MyAir pages that I get in Canada the 'contact us' options only loop through limited pre-set Q&As. But your reply made me check the ResMed page itself, which I hadn;t thought of. The "contact' at the bottom doesn't have an email option, but does have a phone number. So thanks! If I decide to go ahead, I'll try that.
Post Reply Post Reply
Good points Marillion & Matzoball. I guess a quick check could be useful sometimes. So maybe I don't need to delete it. I'll wait til I've gotten sleepyhead up and running and then decide whether I still want the MyAir. The machine is mine so I don't have to worry about compliance.

Thanks for the welcome trish6hundred! I'm really appreciating all the info on this page. It's allowing me to start to get things set up for self-monitoring the data, which I wouldn't have been able to do on my own.
Post Reply Post Reply
I went to https://myair.resmed.com/Support.aspx. I selected Account->Account Changes, the fourth question is how to cancel an account. I selected it and received this screen:
How do I cancel my account?
"To deactivate your myAir account, contact myAir Support."

I hope this helps.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
If you put your machine into airplane mode it will keep it from sending the data until you can get it cancelled. Even then you could leave it in airplane mode in case someone out there felt like trying to hack it for some bizarre reason.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-21-2017, 09:13 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: I went to https://myair.resmed.com/Support.aspx.  I selected Account->Account Changes, the fourth question is how to cancel an account. I selected it and received this screen:
How do I cancel my account?
"To deactivate your myAir account, contact myAir Support."

I would be willing to be that Resmed is still getting your data, they have just, at your request, removed your "MyAir" account.  My DME can read my data in detail from the internet via Resmed's data, and I would bet money they can still do it no matter what I do to cancel "MyAir".

Personally I have no qualms about this, but you may feel differently.  The only way to prevent this is to disable the cell connectivity.
Ed Seedhouse
VA7SDH

Part cow since February 2018.

Trust your mind less and your brain more.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Resmed Myair wrong region bobdobbs 3 576 10-05-2023, 08:12 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  My best streak so far on MyAir App scores DaveInDenver 1 440 09-13-2023, 06:01 PM
Last Post: Nightynite
  AirSense 11 and MyAir App - Poor Experience necochino 29 4,451 08-24-2023, 05:42 PM
Last Post: krsattler
  Took 6 months but finally got 100 on myAir app. Any way to improve my treatment? 1978 0 458 08-22-2023, 08:06 PM
Last Post: 1978
  new resmed user - question about Myair and airview wooders 4 1,048 08-20-2023, 12:40 PM
Last Post: krsattler
Gross [CPAP] No data being sent to myAir account. cuteandwicked 17 14,743 08-09-2023, 12:21 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  ResMed MyAir App chris94546 6 1,289 03-23-2023, 06:58 PM
Last Post: Rcgop

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.