Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Does anyone know if the Nighshift device is good for positional therapy?
Does anyone know if the Nighshift device is good for positional therapy?
My apneas are quite a bit worse on my back so trying positional therapy.
Does anyone know if this device is good or not?
Night Shift Sleep Positioner (advancedbrainmonitoring.com)

It's the one I'm looking at buying but it's a bit pricey. Worth the money?
Thanks.
Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
RE: Does anyone know if the Nighshift device is good for positional therapy?
Never seen or heard of it before so I had a good look through the website at the device and personally, it seems a very gimmicky device that does not appeal to me. It is also very expensive. I believe that CPAP is the beast treatment available but I do understand people look for alternatives.

If you proceed with you purchase I hope that it goes well for you.
I live in the Land Downunder
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-23-2022, 10:48 PM)Snooks Wrote: Never seen or heard of it before so I had a good look through the website at the device and personally, it seems a very gimmicky device that does not appeal to me. It is also very expensive. I believe that CPAP is the beast treatment available but I do understand people look for alternatives.

If you proceed with you purchase I hope that it goes well for you.

I got refused referall to the sleep clinic for a CPAP so it's this or some other device
Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-23-2022, 10:56 PM)Darkpunchedstars Wrote:  I got refused referall to the sleep clinic for a CPAP so it's this or some other device

I don't understand how you would be refused referral to a sleep clinic, assuming you had symptoms that indicate you may have Sleep Apnea but it may be different in the UK compared to Australia. Can you do a sleep study through a private company? We can out here. It does cost around $120 but given your health is of great importance it would be well worth doing and it is also only a 3rd the price of the device that you are considering. Just a thought.
I live in the Land Downunder
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
The company that makes it is completely legit - they make equipment used by sleep centers to do sleep studies, neurologists, etc. As for the device, a t-shirt with a tennis ball taped to it is a much cheaper way to try out positional therapy. Smile

(Actually found this post when googling their home eeg devices, they sell those, too, but waaaaaaay too expensive to just get to play with.)
Post Reply Post Reply
Also, you can buy an app for $3 that lets you strap your phone to your chest and track this, and OSCAR is already set up to support it - http://www.proximalbox.com/somnopose/index.html
Post Reply Post Reply
Philips has something similar, the Nightbalance device. I don't recommend that one because it just... didn't want to charge out of the box on the stupid pogo-pin dock. Made it 2 days before it died, never got to experience the therapy.

The SmartSleep Snoring Relief Band is a stripped-down version of the Nightbalance that's cheaper and doesn't require a script. Maybe worth a try if you come across one?
Dx'd with Severe Positional Sleep Apnea in 2018
Working towards the #QuestForZero with Dreamstation + DS Go!
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Spetzal's therapy thread (Help needed with DreamStation BiPap) spetzal 23 372 4 hours ago
Last Post: spetzal
  how to overcome positional OAs? markwgpsu 0 62 9 hours ago
Last Post: markwgpsu
  Brazen Therapy Thread Brazen 135 3,224 12-08-2022, 06:53 AM
Last Post: Brazen
  Any downside/negative to having another provider/DME register device in AirView Spartan 3 173 12-07-2022, 12:12 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  Please help me to improve my CPAP therapy Eugene1 8 263 12-06-2022, 05:57 PM
Last Post: Eugene1
  Narual therapy thread narual 6 255 12-06-2022, 02:36 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Oscar spo2 data not matching smart device assistant adm1jtg 1 99 12-03-2022, 09:54 PM
Last Post: adm1jtg

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.