Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Does fatigue improve with treatment?
Does fatigue improve with treatment?
After six years on Auto BiPap with nightly AHI fluctuations from 5 to 50, and ****loads of centrals, I had another sleep lab test.

Now, with about a month under my belt on ASV, centrals are gone, and my nightly AHI is typically 0.0 — never higher than 0.1. It’s like magic; no more apnea, hypopnea, or other events of any kind. I never expected it could work this well from a statistical view. 

BUT...I thought there would be more improvement by now, a month since beginning ASV treatment. I don’t feel any better than I did when my OSCAR graphs and night-to-night results looked like a roller coaster, with so many events during the night, there was no space between the vertical lines. I have NO events now, yet I feel no more alert or energetic than I did before starting ASV. 

To be honest, I do have a condition that causes chronic pain, for which I take time release opioid medication twice daily. But I’ve been taking it for more than 30 years, and my dosage is modest. Also, I’m about 50 pounds overweight according to the charts. Is it possible I might begin to feel more energetic and wake up feeling more rested after some more time on ASV? Do ASV users feel a gradual improvement over months of use? Might it get better?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Does fatigue improve with treatment?
Feeling better, more energetic is not always a passive occurrence.   It takes energy to make energy.  Once you are not feeling exhausted everyday,  you can start some light exercise.   A 10 or 20 minute walk daily, once or twice around the block.  As your muscles and heart start to develop some resilience you will be able to increase your walk/exercise.  At some point you will look back and realize you aren't tired any more.
Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
Your central apnoea is likely caused by your opioid based medication as it suppresses breathing. Unfortunately not all tiredness fatigue is caused by disordered breathing. You need to look at your health as a whole there is not always an easy answer
Post Reply Post Reply
It took me 2 years to start to feel better, don't be discouraged. One morning you will wake up and feel it.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Gross [Treatment] Successful Treatment... Still Significant Struggle TiredTim 0 47 Yesterday, 07:01 PM
Last Post: TiredTim
  Central Sleeping Apnea treatment ivan007 5 211 03-21-2024, 12:52 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Are these centrals likely to be treatment induced? thesingingchef 2 118 03-21-2024, 12:36 AM
Last Post: thesingingchef
  New to CPAP - Could Use Some Help For Treatment chrotteg 8 278 03-10-2024, 05:51 PM
Last Post: chrotteg
  New user struggling with treatment bsroberts 0 196 03-04-2024, 10:05 PM
Last Post: bsroberts
  Please help with treatment review DaveL 862 53,008 03-04-2024, 05:06 PM
Last Post: DaveL
  New here, trying to optimize treatment sweetbobby 10 579 03-03-2024, 10:20 AM
Last Post: sweetbobby

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.