Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

My answer? Dreamwear FFM is coming
RE: My answer? Dreamwear FFM is coming
(03-28-2018, 08:41 PM)DaveY Wrote: If one has the Dreamwear cushion, can we just buy the FFM portion plus the additional strap?
I received my new Dreamwear FFM today.

To answer your question:  Yes you can- tubing is identical to that on the Dreamwear cushion.  

First Impressions:  the tubing is the same.  Headgear looks very good with magnetic clips on bottom two straps with a small pin helping to hold the clips in place and very solid.  Holds mask on very stable and much better holding tubing in place on head than the single straps on the Dreamwear cushion.

Cushion is very similar in appearance, shape, and size to the Amara View but material is softer.  The FFM has the magnetic tabs built into the cushion.

Tried the ResMed AS10 mask fit and easily adjusted for no leaks.

Will provide impressions after a night or two.
Post Reply Post Reply
Great, hoping to see more reviews.

My issue with the dreamwear is that when side sleeping, the restriction in airflow is very noticeable to me and I feel like I don't get enough air.
So far I like the amara view, but it hurts under my nose if I tighten it, and if I slack it it leaks... not perfect.

But I can't tolerate the F20 with either cushion, it's just horribly uncomfortable and leaky on my face.
And the dreamwear nasal is fine, but I mouth leak like hell.

Oh well, will try it anyway I guess.
Post Reply Post Reply
Did my initial Dreamwear FFM review on new thread (mask review) a short time ago.
Post Reply Post Reply
I tried the Dreamwear yesterday at my DME. It LEAKED majorly around my nose, during the machine mask fit test. No amount of adjusting it helped. She tried different sizes and also different size headgear. It's a NO GO for me.

I was hoping to find something else, since my AirTouch F20 (Large) has been leaking every single night all night long around my mouth! No amount of adjusting it helps either. I have lost weight, from 250lb to 217lb, and the leaks got worse with this mask over time. I tried the AirTouch F20 (Medium), and that was TOO SMALL for my face, and leaked through sides of my mouth. My mouth is so wide, and I'm a mouth breather, that none of these masks fit properly. I use a chin strap, but that still doesn't keep my mouth closed all the way at night.

I don't want to use a nasal-only mask, since I don't like how they plug up your nose cavity. I also hate all silicone masks. The AirTouch was the first one I really liked due to the memory foam. Are there any other FF masks that people recommend?
ResMed AirCurve 10 vAuto
Pressure EPAP min 4.4, IPAP 8.4, IPAP Max 18, PS 4.

Post Reply Post Reply
Tried the Dreamwear FFM for the first time last night. First thoughts are there's a fatal flaw in the design. There is no way to adjust for a leak coming from the top of the mask. The headgear connects at the middle of the mask and about half way up the silicone tubes. If you tighten the upper straps it pulls the silicone tubes which bend back. This allows the hose connection to move further back on your head but does nothing to tighten the top of the mask. I also have the Amara View which has the straps at each corner of the mask plus a top strap. The Amara View design works well. It looks like they tried to copy the design of the Amara View. But by trying to use the existing silicone tubes with hose connection on top they compromised mask adjustment. I'll play with it later today to see if I can find a work around on it.
The good news is the leaks didn't looked bad on sleepyhead with med leak rate was zero, 95% was 7.2 and max leak was 14.4. However the leak I did get was hitting me in the eye which I can't stand. Even after raising my pressure 1cm my AHI jumped 1 point. This could be because I didn't wear a soft cervical collar due to the strap locations. I'll try to figure out a fix for that today also. If I figure it out I'll update.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
Walla Walla, do these videos help at all? Especially the side view fitting tips starting at about 3 minutes, 20 seconds:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oCrtE_L3uXI
[/url]
(anyone else creeped out by the residual moisture in that 'headgear'?)

Adjusting for leaks:
[url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_nLPxyMNydw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_nLPxyMNydw

eta: dang! No idea why the formatting keeps going bonkers during the post. Looks fine beforehand.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-05-2018, 06:03 PM)CZOscar Wrote:
(03-28-2018, 08:41 PM)DaveY Wrote: If one has the Dreamwear cushion, can we just buy the FFM portion plus the additional strap?
I received my new Dreamwear FFM today.

To answer your question:  Yes you can- tubing is identical to that on the Dreamwear cushion. 
What about the reverse? If someone were to purchase the FFM, what happens to those lower straps when using the original-style cushion?
Post Reply Post Reply
kiwii, Yeah saw those before. Thanks though. As far as the switching to the cushion from the FFM you'd need to buy the other headgear made for the cushion.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
(04-12-2018, 07:27 AM)Walla Walla Wrote: ...As far as the switching to the cushion from the FFM you'd need to buy the other headgear made for the cushion.

Thanks for clearing that up.

In looking at Supplier #2's page, it looks (to me) like they are saying conflicting things - that it is interchangeable, but both sets of headgear are required.

Quote:The Philips Respironics DreamWear frame now supports all optional CPAP delivery systems -  full face, nasal and pillows cushions, to meet patients’ needs. DreamWear’s remarkable design directs airflow through the frame so patients can sleep comfortably, and the tubing connection located at the top of the head allows patients to sleep in any position they desire–on their stomach, side, or back.

• Can accommodate full face, nasal and gel pillows cushions
• Allows for easy switching between cushion types
• May reduce the number of masks needed to set up a patient
• Helps streamline the amount of inventory to be managed
• Can increase efficiency by requiring education on only one mask

Respiratory Therapist Note on the DreamWear Full Face Mask CPAP System:

This really represents a quantum leap forward. The DreamWear is now the only CPAP interface of its kind. The Respironics DreamWear Full Face Mask capitalizes on the revolutionary DreamWear design, while creating the first truly total sleep solution. 

The DreamWear Full Face Mask option represents yet another insert that can now be adapted/exchanged onto the DreamWear [core] headgear used for both the DreamWear Nasal Pillow, and DreamWear Nasal Mask option. That means that the DreamWear user can move freely from one interface to the another, switching, for example, between the DreamWear Gel Pillow insert, to the Full Face Mask insert, by simply removing, one, and inserting the other. this is ideal for the new CPAP user, who many times must trail-and-error several different types of interfaces, before finding which one is right for them.

***Please note, that if you are currently using the DreamWear Nasal interface, you will need both the full face insert and the headgear listed below, in order to switch to the full face option.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-05-2018, 10:31 PM)Kryogen Wrote: Great, hoping to see more reviews.

My issue with the dreamwear is that when side sleeping, the restriction in airflow is very noticeable to me and I feel like I don't get enough air.
So far I like the amara view, but it hurts under my nose if I tighten it, and if I slack it it leaks... not perfect.

But I can't tolerate the F20 with either cushion, it's just horribly uncomfortable and leaky on my face.
And the dreamwear nasal is fine, but I mouth leak like hell.

Oh well, will try it anyway I guess.

I realize your post was a few months ago but I found the same thing with sleeping on my side about the air restriction. My clinician tried to appease me by telling me "I'll get enough air through just one side" but I'm the one trying to sleep through it and it will wake me up. Same thing with it moving just a little and misaligning on my nostrils. Have you found any solutions? This is my first mask and what the VA offers, but I've been considering buying an Amara View out of pocket to see if there's a difference.

Steve
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question I'm back, tired, and hopeless. But is Bilevel the answer ?? weuw 83 4,969 03-23-2024, 08:16 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Solvent smell coming from new Airsense 11 ducknoir 22 7,211 03-06-2024, 07:06 PM
Last Post: Teddyg
  Dreamwear frame sizing ahuman 3 294 02-23-2024, 05:21 PM
Last Post: Nightynite
  Dreamwear Philips Respironics mask altrout 12 783 02-12-2024, 03:04 PM
Last Post: tbhausen
Question [News] RESMED CHANGES COMING? srlevine1 6 986 12-30-2023, 12:31 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Centrals coming back Gperry 9 691 12-05-2023, 12:23 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Philips DreamWear FFM mask size question cps22 0 332 11-09-2023, 02:33 PM
Last Post: cps22

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.