Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Does one NEED to replace P10 plastic frame?
Does one NEED to replace P10 plastic frame?
Or does replacing the pillows and straps suffice? I did this last but kept the old headgear and I'm still having leaks. The entire headgear replacement is far more pricey. I assumed the plastic frame was fairly indestructible. 

what say ye?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Does one NEED to replace P10 plastic frame?
I replaced my P10 plastic head frame just recently because I used a plastic brush with a metal center rod to scrub the inside of tube and that was when the metal rod punctured right throught the corrugated plastic hose (I usually just wash hose head frame with just soap, water  and vinegar ) . That frame was over 4 yrs old and was going strong still until I changed cleaning procedure methods. All I changed were P 10 head bands 3 + per year and the pillows every 2 to 2 1/2 yrs. Just recently have been using the N30 head gear band (Resmed part #64216) with my p 10 resmed mask frame. The secret to the adjustable N30 head band is to have it a little tighter because the way Resmed designed the  head band tension clip it kind of self adjusts the proper tension so far I have  noticed. I have used it for a month approx and really enjoy the adjustable head band (to clean stretched P10 head band is just place in a clean coffee cup and pour almost boiling water in with the band give it a stir, pour out hot water and have the cold water running and quinch it) ( usally brings it back to normal length for the first 2 or 3 times & air dry in the morning). We all learn as we bump along in life. I do not have insurance for replacing parts like I had before when working and I'm retired so I have lots of time to study different Cpap masks & ways to keep them lasting (to clean the P10 mask vents and pillows  I use alcohol swaps daily). I had the Resmed FX pillow mask before the P10 came along and its also a resonable mask but I prefer the P10 even with its small issues. The P10 is a great mask if you can keep your mouth sealed like all pillow masks are designed for.
Hope this helps your Question about the P10 mask.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-22-2020, 02:54 PM)hegel Wrote: Or does replacing the pillows and straps suffice? I did this last but kept the old headgear and I'm still having leaks. The entire headgear replacement is far more pricey. I assumed the plastic frame was fairly indestructible. 

My problem was always the headgear, which stretches out of shape. Washing it in hot water can restore it to a point, but after a couple of months it is shot. The plastic frame lasts forever, and I get at least six months out of the pillows.

Eventually a friend who is great at sewing gave me tip. I cut the frame with heavy scissors leaving just enough to hook an elastic strap onto. I bought some elastic at a sewing supply store and cut off a piece about the right length to go around behind my head. Then I take a little can of varnish and dip the ends of the elastic into it. When the varnish is dry I take a utility knife and slice in the middle of the ends to make a sort of buttonhole. I can wiggle my buttonhole onto the frame, and my elastic lasts for many months.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-22-2020, 06:16 PM)JJJ Wrote:
(10-22-2020, 02:54 PM)hegel Wrote: Or does replacing the pillows and straps suffice? I did this last but kept the old headgear and I'm still having leaks. The entire headgear replacement is far more pricey. I assumed the plastic frame was fairly indestructible. 

My problem was always the headgear, which stretches out of shape. Washing it in hot water can restore it to a point, but after a couple of months it is shot. The plastic frame lasts forever, and I get at least six months out of the pillows.

Eventually a friend who is great at sewing gave me tip. I cut the frame with heavy scissors leaving just enough to hook an elastic strap onto. I bought some elastic at a sewing supply store and cut off a piece about the right length to go around behind my head. Then I take a little can of varnish and dip the ends of the elastic into it. When the varnish is dry I take a utility knife and slice in the middle of the ends to make a sort of buttonhole. I can wiggle my buttonhole onto the frame, and my elastic lasts for many months.

That is a good idea, might have to try that some day.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How do you know when to replace a mask? Lanners 1 90 03-26-2024, 10:52 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  Dreamwear frame sizing ahuman 3 296 02-23-2024, 05:21 PM
Last Post: Nightynite
  Replace mask: recommendations too often? BlueSky1958 1 246 01-28-2024, 10:22 AM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  [Equipment] water chamber strong plastic odor twdc33 2 357 01-24-2024, 10:19 AM
Last Post: twdc33
  How often to replace mask, hose, etc. bigla6940 6 582 12-30-2023, 07:00 AM
Last Post: bigla6940
  When do I REALLY need to replace items? BlueSky1958 19 1,074 12-13-2023, 10:39 AM
Last Post: ejbpesca
  Side sleeping / face frame masks taylorgtr 12 1,560 06-07-2023, 03:08 PM
Last Post: Bostonsnow

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.