Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Does reading the data card erase the data?
RE: Does reading the data card erase the data?
(03-05-2014, 04:24 PM)Bama Rambler Wrote: There's a little slide switch on the left side when looking at the top of the card with the contact area pointing away from you. You slide that switch toward the end of the card to "protect" the card from being accidentally written or formatted.

[Image: id1102_extreme4.gif]
Cheers Bama Rambler, I can't believe in all my years of using computers, not that I am a whizz or anything, that I didn't know that. Easy, I can do that. I will feel much safer if I apply that. Thank you so much.
PS. Thanks for the photo, really did help. Anything that makes things easier these days, thumbs up.
Sleep Tight...
Gabby
Post Reply Post Reply
Just make sure you unlock it before putting back into the machine.
FYI - for those using Encore Basic with Resprionics Machines - when you ask to download the data it asks you if you want to erase the card, & if you are returning it to the same patient. Do not dheck either - just download.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yeah, that's one of those "Pic worth a thousand words" thing.
Post Reply Post Reply
By locking the card, you're preventing something from going TO it, not FROM it.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(03-05-2014, 05:23 PM)robertbuckley Wrote: Just make sure you unlock it before putting back into the machine.
FYI - for those using Encore Basic with Resprionics Machines - when you ask to download the data it asks you if you want to erase the card, & if you are returning it to the same patient. Do not dheck either - just download.

Robertbuckley, thank you very much for that important information!
I never, ever would have known to do that. Oh-jeez
Then I definitely would have been up the proverbial creek without a paddle. Oh-jeez
Sleep Tight...
Gabby
Post Reply Post Reply
Someone beat me to it that you have to remember to unlock it before putting back in the cpap. I forgot to put mine back in after reading a few times and it not a big deal you loose that days detailed info but all the compliance data will be put on next time it inserted.
Good luck, Doc
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-05-2014, 02:12 PM)justMongo Wrote: Windows 8.1 formats the card to the NTFS file system. The S9 wants it in FAT32 format.

(03-05-2014, 03:16 PM)Bama Rambler Wrote: Just throwing some info out there. I have a PRS1 460 and am running Win 8.1 Pro. I read my SD card from the CPAP machine almost every day and never have "locked" the card. Win 8.1 has never written anything to the card and it's never reformatted the card. My CPAP machine has never given me any kind of warning or error message when reinserting the card.

Now, having said all that, I highly suggest that you do lock the card just in case.

Right, about the PRS1. This seems to just be something the Resmed boxes get cranky about.

Windows 8.1 does not format the card to ntfs. The file system is not damaged at all. It does appear to timestamp the card, and then Resmed gets cranky that someone other than itself fooled with the card.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks so much. I did as you suggested and protected the card before reading it and then put it back. It was a "duh" moment. All the information was there, nothing had been erased. It does seem that the DME might not be as "up on his stuff" as he should, but that is ok, I have all of you to help me and that is worth a million dollars!!!! Thanks!!! YOu are all making this journey less scary.
Post Reply Post Reply
Great that you worked out your SD card.

I have only been using CPAP since the 14th of February Marnid and I know exactly what you mean about a scary journey. You will be right though if you stick to this forum with all your concerns. I don't know how I would have managed without the support from these good people.

Do you mind me asking how you are going with your FX nasal pillows? I have some on order and am wondering how I will find them. I am presently using an FX nano. Have you adjusted well?

Anyway, all the best on your journey.
Sleep Tight...
Gabby
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-06-2014, 08:11 AM)Gabby Wrote: Great that you worked out your SD card.

I have only been using CPAP since the 14th of February Marnid and I know exactly what you mean about a scary journey. You will be right though if you stick to this forum with all your concerns. I don't know how I would have managed without the support from these good people.

Do you mind me asking how you are going with your FX nasal pillows? I have some on order and am wondering how I will find them. I am presently using an FX nano. Have you adjusted well?

Anyway, all the best on your journey.

Thanks for the encouragement, we can certainly help each other, this forum is a God send. I like the FX, I am having some fit issues, I have a really small nose and so the xsmall ordered for me. I am so claustrophobic, I have to have the least amount of stuff on my face or I can't sleep. I had tried the sleep weaver, cloth mask and it worked great for awhile but then they put my pressure up to 17 of all things, it was an error, my sleep tech made me sleep on my back and I don't sleep on my back. When I got my new machine, it about blew me into oblivion on that pressure. Come to find out, my apnea is controlled with only a pressure of 8, even 6 seems fine, so, the tech was wrong. I tried the sleep weaver mask on that 17 pressure and had to return it, but now that I look back, now I might consider the mask again in the future. although, in this whole above scenario, it sent me back to my pillows, which was an old mask I had rejected in favor of the cloth. I actually found it less obtrusive, and now only working on making sure of leakage. I think I am good now, my leaking was 12 last night with the xsmall size. Is the nano even smaller? I would like to try the new headgear, it's only loops that go around your ears, I am also thinking of taping the pillows to stop all leaks then I can sleep worry free. Hope that helps.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  oscar data sleeper2460 0 51 7 hours ago
Last Post: sleeper2460
  Data Comparison - Cervical Collar vs No Cervical Collar phoen1kx 9 223 Yesterday, 11:26 AM
Last Post: phoen1kx
  New user OSCAR data after one week Everlong 2 107 03-26-2024, 09:04 AM
Last Post: Everlong
  Current OSCAR Data Tylermdugan 0 65 03-26-2024, 07:06 AM
Last Post: Tylermdugan
  Need help with OSCAR data Abhi 5 404 03-26-2024, 05:31 AM
Last Post: BigWing
  First night done, now what? (OSCAR data attached) Stephaniea0213 5 144 03-20-2024, 02:35 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  New to CPAP Titration Study and OSCAR Data Help Needed slowmoto 2 148 03-20-2024, 01:24 PM
Last Post: slowmoto

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.