Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Does sleepyhead calculate it's own AHI?
Does sleepyhead calculate it's own AHI?
As the owner of a DV64 machine I can't use SLeepyhead to view my data.

So I've knocked up my own viewer.

So far I've got a good breathing waveform and the pressure along with the pressure limits.

However there is a file labelled "E.bin" maybe events?

It appears to have a log of datapoints, each with two timestamps. sometimes they are the same, for a point even I guess, sometimes they are separated by a number of seconds, which I assume is some event like an apnoea.

There is also a session file that I assume has info like AHI, CAI, mask leak % etc. but i'm struggling to make sense of it.

The Devilbiss data structure is somewhat opaque and I've had no assistance from their tech department.

So I've decided to forget trying to interpret their summary and event files and wondered, If I have access to the waveform data I should be able to identify the events myself.

Now, to my question: Does sleepy head calculate AHI, CAI etc. from the waveform data or does it simply pull it from the summary files provided?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Does sleepyhead calculate it's own AHI?
There is an "EDF" data format for CPAP data. No idea whether yours uses that format.

I think SleepyHead uses the machines determination of when an event occurs, but calculates its own AHI, etc.

This may vary a bit between different machines.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Does sleepyhead calculate it's own AHI?
Hi.
I have compare my AHI calculated with Sleepyhead with the Resmed In my equipment supplier office and the AHI calculated in both software are almost equal. (about than 1% deviation).
Ralph.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Can OSCAR calculate AHI for a selected time range on the daily? kenmai9 2 496 10-31-2023, 01:41 PM
Last Post: kenmai9
  How does OSCAR calculate the SPO2 Baseline? greyham 0 694 01-23-2021, 05:49 PM
Last Post: greyham

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.