Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Does snoring matter?
RE: Does snoring matter?
Thank you,  apologies,  I'm new this.

Paul
Post Reply Post Reply
No apologies needed, we expect new. And all the questions and misunderstandings that come with it.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you so much Gideon.
Post Reply Post Reply
Stacey, 

Here are last nights graphs.

Many thanks.

Paul

Post Reply Post Reply
Please give us a concrete, solid and critical how you feel. This is to make sure we are not going down the proverbial rabbit hole. Again be critical.

I'd also like to see several random 3 minute segments of your chart. OSCAR let's us look at individual breaths, we are going to do that.

You have drop down menus in both bottom corners of your daily chart, open them and make sure everything is checked/ on. Your chart is unusual as noted by the lack of events in the presence of high flow limits thus a check to see that everything is turned on.

Seeing this persistent of flow limits makes me think that they are positional likely caused by chin tucking. Tell us about your pillows

I don't know what you are using but try flatter, less firm, 1 vs 2 pillows etc. Read the cervical collar wiki in my signature.
Post Reply Post Reply
Funny you should say that Gideon, I have been on CPAP now for nearly 2 weeks.

At first I felt better than I had (but still not right) but at least had the energy to get out of bed and do my job.  However today, I feel pretty crap again despite a seemingly good AHI.

Initially I had the Amara view full face mask but couldn't get a decent seal with that - so bought a a F20, as you can see great seals with that but starting with pressure marks on the bridge of my nose and sides so maybe its too tight but I don't want to compromise the seal.

I saw in Staceys signature the thing about neck braces and i have ordered one as i do seem to push my neck down into my chest. I have 2 pillows and before being diagnosed always used to sleep on my side, but now I am permanently sleeping on my back as I don't want to disrupt the mask.  I have also bought a CPAP pillow but it doesn't seem any better than my normal pillows when sleeping on my side.  I may switch to one pillow and try that so my chin isn't thrust as much into my chest.

I made the changes as per staceys suggestion last night and felt claustrophobic at first for the first time, it felt as if i wasn't getting enough air, which is weird because we increased the min pressure.  Also, it may be worth pointing out that I have a deviated septum, maybe that is influencing these things, am I right in thinking the flow limitations were worse last night - maybe the pressure needs to be increased up again from the max of 13?  But being a ff mask should compensate for me having to breathe through my mouth sometimes?

I will attempt to upload the screenshots you have asked for so please bear with me.

Many thanks,

Paul
Post Reply Post Reply
Screenshots as requests and I can confirm everything is checked on in my daily chart.

Many thanks.

Paul

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Bungle

I was reading your posts. One thing you are not supposed to do is sleep on your back if you have sleep apnea because the tissues are relaxed via gravity in the throat and will cause obstructions. This is what I have been told. You have to learn to be a side sleeper. I have a Philips DreamWear FFM that has a cushion that fits under the nose and

completely over the mouth that is very comfortable, and produces good results. This is is for me of course. Everyone has different anatomy. 

I also use a cervical collar. It was a game changer for me. I don't have anymore clustered apneas and my flow is down where it should be most of the time.  Your AHI is great but as noted your Flow limits are elevated. I'm new to this too. I am not an expert but I chime in from time to time when I feel I have experienced something that might help someone else.

Good Luck

Coffee
CA and OA decided to call HYOP and the 3 of them crashed RERA's place, and then the 4 of them decided to call Large Leak to meet in an Unclassified location while Rice95 had the best night of his life.

Bed         best sleep I've ever had...
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Rice,

I am grateful for your input, I was under the impression (it seems incorrectly) that CPAP therapy meant it was irrelevant if you slept on your back because it would keep the airways open, although I do appreciate sleeping on your back will make it worse, I thought it to be a moot point once on treatment. Some people sleep on their back anyhow, I think I did years ago before this but then started to become a side sleeper when I suspected I had a problem. As I say I only don't sleep on my side now because of the mask and getting comfy and worrying about leaks. I think the neck brace may help when Amazon delivers tomorrow, I will let you all know. I am grateful for any further advice or comments. I was told that CPAP therapy would be "life changing" and although I understand there isn't a straight path to improvement and perseverance is the key, I still want to get there.

Kind regards,

Paul
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm not one to force a sleeping position. I sleep on my back except for occasional side sleeping.
Typically, not always, side sleeping will yield to lower event count. It may or may not help your flow limits.
Keep your mask over the edge of the pillow so the pillow doesn't p?ush on the mask. Obviously you need higher pillow for side sleeping. Looking for your comfort here. I'm sure other side sleepers can also help.

Nothing unexpected in the zoomed views, a lot of flow limits. Look at the flow rate section of the guide in my signature, to help learn to Id flow limits.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Newer CPAP User, still snoring Warnick13 45 1,753 03-11-2024, 06:29 PM
Last Post: Warnick13
Question [Symptoms] New CPAP User, Started Snoring Again heyou 30 1,695 03-02-2024, 11:00 AM
Last Post: heyou
Question Snoring worse with FFM vs pillows PaulaO2 12 977 01-28-2024, 12:25 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2
  It Just Doesn't Matter cmpman1974 6 660 12-04-2023, 12:30 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [Pressure] Can't get a good night sleep no matter what. Please help mrsleepyhead2001 1 427 11-24-2023, 01:19 PM
Last Post: gainerfull
  would it matter if you ran a cpap (without humidifier) on its side?on its side snorin2 8 656 11-19-2023, 12:58 PM
Last Post: snorin2
  [Diagnosis] Help with Snoring Sleepster 14 1,050 11-19-2023, 09:58 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.