Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Pressure] 6 months in, time to adjust pressure?
6 months in, time to adjust pressure?
6 months in and feeling better than i have in a decade.
still having problems with leaks but that's for another post.

question is, can i possibly see some benefit in raising my min IPAP closer to the median? and should i raise the max IPAP since the average is close to the max?

i'll post a screen shot if needed but for now will this info do?

IPAP
min:7.00
median:12.50
average:17.26
max:19.00
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: 6 months in, time to adjust pressure?
G'day Rob. We really need to see a screenshot from SleepyHead showing a typical night. Also, what is your full suite of pressure settings - min & max EPAP, PS, IPAP?
Post Reply Post Reply
this graph is pretty typical expect a lower than average leak rate and 0 AHI i typically have 1 or 2 hypopnea events per night and % of time above Leak Rate threshold is 13.5%

Machine Settings

ModeCPAP Mode ASV
EPAPExpiratory Pressure 7 cmH2O
Max IPAPHigher Inspiratory Pressure 19 cmH2O
PS MinPressure Support Minimum 5 cmH2O
PS MaxPressure Support Maximum 12 cmH2O

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Your EPAP stays constant all night, but your PS increases between 5 and 12 in order to deal with what are probably central apnea events, and as a result it is your IPAP that ranges between 12.5 and 19 as necessary to induce inhalation when you don't initiate a breath. This seems to be resulting in zero events. Everything is working as it should. What's the point of changing anything?
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Sad [Treatment] 10 Months In and Still Waking Up After 4 to 5 Hours Burnsy 3 239 03-14-2024, 11:37 AM
Last Post: Burnsy
  Air11 now does daylight savings time! cathyf 0 92 03-13-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: cathyf
  TIME FOR SLEEPRIDER'S annual DST WARNING srlevine1 19 549 03-12-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: Homerec130
  First time looking at graphs interpretation help smallhandsfeeding 1 228 03-11-2024, 08:12 AM
Last Post: jdavis
  4 months in - Do I have to live with aerophagia? RedNailz 18 1,597 03-09-2024, 02:14 PM
Last Post: RedNailz
  Going nowhere with ASV after 3 months CaliforniaDreamer 20 426 03-08-2024, 08:56 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Taking mask off at the same time everynight sleepyman95 2 144 03-08-2024, 12:25 AM
Last Post: sleepyman95

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.