Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Does the AirFit P10 need a small hose cover to prevent rainout?
Does the AirFit P10 need a small hose cover to prevent rainout?
I'm trying to get all my ducks in a row before I start using my new AirSense 10 machine this weekend. One thing I'm wondering, I got the ClimateLineAir tube to prevent condensation and rainout, but what about the non-heated short tube that's affixed to the AirFit P10 mask? Does that need a sleeve of some sort to prevent condensation, or is it short enough that it's not a factor when used with a CLA tube? If it does need insulation, where do I get one short enough to use on that mask without breaking out a sewing machine (which I neither own nor know how to use)?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Does the AirFit P10 need a small hose cover to prevent rainout?
Look through the Supplier List http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...plier-List for a short hose cozy/cover
You can make one from fleece material or even wrap in a sock but might not look pretty sight Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
It has not been an issue for me. I have been using the P10 for close to one year and had no issues with rainout. I have an S9 with heated hose.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-17-2015, 02:26 PM)StoopidMonkey81 Wrote: I'm trying to get all my ducks in a row before I start using my new AirSense 10 machine this weekend. One thing I'm wondering, I got the ClimateLineAir tube to prevent condensation and rainout, but what about the non-heated short tube that's affixed to the AirFit P10 mask? Does that need a sleeve of some sort to prevent condensation, or is it short enough that it's not a factor when used with a CLA tube? If it does need insulation, where do I get one short enough to use on that mask without breaking out a sewing machine (which I neither own nor know how to use)?

I have had a lot of problems with rainout, even with the heated hose. Granted, I always sleep in a cool room because I sleep best at 62-66 deg F, but still I've been disappointed in the frequency of rainout issues with this machine. Not only do I have the heated hose, I have the ResMed zippered cover for it, which doesn't seem to help much.

Even when I don't get rainout in the hose, it is almost always in the short tube and mask, and trust me, you do not want your P10 mask to get wet. The exhalation ports are a fine mesh, and while that is great for diverting air away from your arms and bedmate while you sleep, once they get wet they are essentially blocked, and you will wake up with that awful suffocating feeling.

That said, I will be fashioning my own cover for the hose in hopes of reducing condensation. At this point, I'm thinking a thick winter sock and some rubber bands. Too-funny
Post Reply Post Reply
You can reduce the chances of rainout by using the auto setting for the CLA. That will help some. The rest may also be influenced by your sleeping environment and hose configuration. Turning the heat up to perhaps 65F or using a small space heater next to your tubing will reduce condensation as well as putting the tube under your covers. ResMed verified to another forum member that they turned up the humidity on the A10 which explains why some of us have problems with rainout if other factors are not addressed as discussed above. A short hose cover for the upper tubing certainly couldn't hurt but I have not found that to be necessary to defeat the design defects with the A10.
Coffee

Happy Pappin'
Never Give In, Never Give Up

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. 
Post Reply Post Reply
Does setting the Climate Control to Auto remove all temperature control, or can I reduce the tube temperature and have the unit auto-set the humidity to compensate? On full auto the manual says it sets the temp to 80 and that's going to be too warm for me. I prefer cooler air. The manual wasn't the clearest on this.
Post Reply Post Reply
it's way too cool for me at 80 Big Grin i don't think 80 will feel as warm to you as you think, but I could be wrong on that Big Grin If you go manual, then its manual for both - however I still think that the number represents a relative humidity... some nights my pap drinks the whole container and others it barely touches it, and that does seem to coincide with the weather. (im full manual)
هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Tongue Suck Technique for prevention of mouth breathing:
  • Place your tongue behind your front teeth on the roof of your mouth
  • let your tongue fill the space between the upper molars
  • gently suck to form a light vacuum

Practising during the day can help you to keep it at night

هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Post Reply Post Reply
You probably don't need a cover for the short hose, but I know some of the suppliers sell them.
I use one just because it's a lot more comfortable and soft, and I never get rainout.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-17-2015, 02:26 PM)StoopidMonkey81 Wrote: I'm trying to get all my ducks in a row

I have just used this in another post. Before reading yours like.

Are we doppelgangers?! Huh
Post Reply Post Reply
I also have just begun using Airsense 10 this week with heated tube and short upper tube for nose pillow fit. First two nights it was fine, but last night a bit cooler night it was very drippy and impeded sleep by morning. It was a cooler night but we cannot afford to have temperature too high in the room.

I switched off the Auto Climate and reduced humidity from 4 to 3. Should I change this more? Should I also increase the heated hose temperature (now set at 81 by auto climate) or will that only make condensation in the upper hose worse? Thanks to the more experienced persons on the board for your advice.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Introducing the ResMed AirFit F40 MrIvanDrago 20 1,446 Yesterday, 06:47 PM
Last Post: mecutl3r
  AirFit F20 Irritating Nose Bridge SavvApnea 40 6,776 03-10-2024, 01:38 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  [Equipment] Loud noise from AirFit F20 mask SleepyLuke 2 1,541 03-04-2024, 12:38 AM
Last Post: SleepyLuke
Question Hose volume Willw 4 217 02-26-2024, 04:53 PM
Last Post: Willw
  AirSense 11 & AirFit F30i Mask, new CPAP user TreeSky 0 266 02-25-2024, 09:47 AM
Last Post: TreeSky
  [Equipment] Hybrid mask discontinued, new AirFit 30 leaks! LessSleepyHalf 3 944 02-18-2024, 11:06 AM
Last Post: Jay51
  ResMed Airfit P10 ScottW 41 20,078 02-12-2024, 12:48 PM
Last Post: TexasDon

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.