Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Does the AirFit P10 need a small hose cover to prevent rainout?
RE: Does the AirFit P10 need a small hose cover to prevent rainout?
My room temp is mid-60s and I have the climate set to 68° hose and the humidifier set to 2. No rainout for me. I couldn't stand everything set to auto. Way too warm & humid. I like the air to be somewhat crisp & refreshing, and a setting of H2 is enough to prevent a dry nose.
Post Reply Post Reply
I adjust room temperature up a bit, tube temperature down to 75 and humidity to 2. There was no rainout last night after significant levels yesterday night. I felt a bit drier this morning (though have cold symptoms which doesn't help). I thought I might increase the humidity to 3. Should I reduce tube temperature a bit to compensate? Thanks again for your help.
Post Reply Post Reply
I think you just need to experiment to see what works for you. Everyone's sleeping environment is different coupled with what tube temperature and humidity levels you need to keep you comfortable. I would find your optimal comfort setttigs then adjust your room environment to see if you can prevent rainout at your comfort levels. Tube socks, running tube under covers, room temperature, floor space heater - these are all ways to keep condensation away.
Coffee

Happy Pappin'
Never Give In, Never Give Up

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. 
Post Reply Post Reply
Honestly, it depends on your living environment. My bro and I are in the same house - he's never had rainout, but I was getting problems with it a couple of weeks ago and turned on my heated hose. Problem went away. I wouldn't add a cozy to the short hose. The whole point of the short hose is lighter weight and adding a cozy defeats the purpose. In that case, just eliminate the short hose and plug in directly to the main one.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-06-2015, 12:16 PM)Mosquitobait Wrote: In that case, just eliminate the short hose and plug in directly to the main one.

Is this possible to do? I don't think you can eliminate the short hose, or am I missing something?
Post Reply Post Reply
Add a hose cover (fleece) and with the heated hose you should not have any condensation problems. The P10 cannot be used without the small flexible hose which is part of the frame. It's detachable, but doesn't have a 22mm fitting.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I haven't noticed anyone mention machine and long hose positions and perhaps adjusting them to prevent rainout. As I mentioned in another thread, I just use a command hook a couple of feet above my pillow on the wall behind and use a hairband (rubber band would work or something similar) to hold hose onto command hook. I would think this would keep rainout from happening. I haven't experienced rainout at all and I'm wondering if this method is why.
APNEABOARD - A great place to be if you're a hosehead!!  Rolleyes  

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EVERY ACCOMPLISHMENT BEGINS WITH THE DECISION TO TRY!
Post Reply Post Reply
I also use the AirFit P10 mask and I do have a cover on the short hose as well as one on the climateline. For me I like covers for the hoses because I don't enjoy the feeling of the plastic hoses w/o them. I have had recently trouble with rainout however the weather outside is quite changeable. One week it is below freezing and the next week it is up in the 40s and maybe 50s. In my humble opinion it is difficult to keep settings in tune with the environment.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Introducing the ResMed AirFit F40 MrIvanDrago 52 3,211 13 minutes ago
Last Post: psinderbrand
  AirFit F30i Mask Problem OldTeacher 22 4,577 03-23-2024, 03:23 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
  Question on the Hybernite Rainout control tube runcyclexcski 2 108 03-21-2024, 05:29 AM
Last Post: runcyclexcski
  AirFit F20 Irritating Nose Bridge SavvApnea 40 6,981 03-10-2024, 01:38 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  [Equipment] Loud noise from AirFit F20 mask SleepyLuke 2 1,603 03-04-2024, 12:38 AM
Last Post: SleepyLuke
Question Hose volume Willw 4 236 02-26-2024, 04:53 PM
Last Post: Willw
  AirSense 11 & AirFit F30i Mask, new CPAP user TreeSky 0 299 02-25-2024, 09:47 AM
Last Post: TreeSky

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.