Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Does the S9 Vpap Auto Adapt machine heat up?
RE: Does the S9 Vpap Auto Adapt machine heat up?
Hello vsheline,

I am still trying to get through to [commercial link removed] and I did get through to [commercial link removed] and learned that they do not have the S9 Adapt.

You are the first time I have seen reference to S9 ST-A I like the sound of a smoother transition with a stronger blower.

My new prescription is at 20 max instead of the 24 max I have been using. I do not know yet how the new prescription will work. I have had hells own time trying to keep a seal at 24 so I am looking forward to using less. I would accept a lesser treatment outcome over more pressure and be glad about it.

If you know of another mail order place that handles these at a reasonable cost with at least 2 year warrantee I would sure like to hear about it. I will go look up the ST-A now. Thanks fella!

-----
Moderator Action: Link Removed
To maintain our status as an educational organization, the only commercial links allowed in this forum are to CPAP-related manufacturer websites. This is stated in the Apnea Board Rules with details given in the Commercial Links Policy section.
-----
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-13-2014, 03:36 AM)goodonya Wrote: My new prescription is at 20 max instead of the 24 max I have been using. I do not know yet how the new prescription will work. I have had hells own time trying to keep a seal at 24 so I am looking forward to using less. I would accept a lesser treatment outcome over more pressure and be glad about it.

If you know of another mail order place that handles these at a reasonable cost with at least 2 year warrantee I would sure like to hear about it. I will go look up the ST-A now. Thanks fella!

Hi goodonya,

What exactly is your full new prescription? What is prescribed for the following settings?

EPAP min:
EPAP max:
Pressure Support min:
Pressure Support max:

Supplier #2 on our Supplier List gets new "Open Box Special" S9 VPAP Adapt model 36007 from time to time, but it is not presently listing any new S9 VPAP Adapt model 36007 in stock. If it does not have one this week it may have one for sale next week or next month. But please note that this is not the latest model of the "S9 VPAP Adapt".

I have not yet seen Supplier #2 advertise the latest S9 VPAP Adapt (named model 36037 if in North America). Also, I've not seen Supplier #2 selling the S9 VPAP ST-A, which is also a relatively new model.

Please note that the S9 VPAP ST (without the "-A" at the end) is not at all an equivalent machine because its Pressure Support does not automatically adjust, so the S9 VPAP ST cannot fully treat central apneas.

Supplier #2 has intermittently carried the older S9 VPAP Adapt model 36007, USED for around $1450 (with 1 yr warranty) or NEW for about $400 or $500 more (with 2 yr warranty). The S9 VPAP Adapt model 36007 is an older model which was discontinued in the USA at end of October 2012 and which (like the current model) automatically adjusts Pressure Support but (unlike the current model) does not automatically adjust its EPAP pressure. On the current model (which ResMed USA website lists as model #36037 for blower unit alone or 36047 for blower and humidifier or 36057 for blower and humidifier and heated hose) will automatically adjust EPAP between 4 to 15 to treat obstructive events. On older model 36007 the EPAP is fixed (can be set to any pressure between 4 to 15).

Supplier #2 website says they presently have a used Model 36007:
"Low Hour Used ResMed S9 Adapt SV, [Humidifier and] ClimateLine tubing included. 1 year warranty on machine and humidifier. $1449.00"
The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies.  Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply

Epap min 6
Epap max 12
ps min 4
ps max 10
max pressure 20
BPM auto

This is the new script from the new doctor.

I am liking the sound of the model 36047. I do not need a heated hose cause I do not use the heat at all. Just the air over the water in the reservoir. I want that Epap thing you are talking about. The two year warrantee will put me into a new machine then through the insurance I hope to have back by then which covers a new machine every 5 years. Spend a little more now and maybe save a little on the other end. I can hope for that?... smiles.
I will call #2 tomorrow and see what they have. Thanks.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 291 264,272 04-15-2024, 05:00 PM
Last Post: Poolboy
  Which machine to get for initial self treatment - Auto CPAP vs. BIPAP ST MVoltaire 8 224 04-04-2024, 04:01 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Aircurve 10 ST-A and Lumis 150 VPAP ST-A just a UK branding difference? SingleH 37 2,481 03-18-2024, 07:51 AM
Last Post: SingleH
  Soft Cervical Collar and Heat Retention Columbiabill 3 401 01-21-2024, 06:00 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Auto BiPAP fixed PS vs Auto PS - pros and cons? Stubert 5 628 01-09-2024, 02:29 AM
Last Post: Stubert
Gross [Equipment] HELP! Heat & Humidity settings are Choking Me! James87 3 403 12-21-2023, 11:00 AM
Last Post: James87
  Auto Titrating Machine Recommendation REM dominated OA BoxcarPete 21 1,390 11-20-2023, 03:40 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.