Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResMed Swift FX Nano
RE: ResMed Swift FX Nano
I use my ruby red chin strap under the nano. Then it is easy just to lift the mask off my head. It goes back on just as easily.
Love this mask!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Post Reply Post Reply
On my last (paid by insurance/medicare) new mask, my DME fixed me up with both rigs, the nasal mask and nasal pillows. I would suggest that any of you getting a new setup, ask for both.

I have tried the nasal mask several times now and can't get the leaks under control. The pillows have been working great for me for a couple of months. I get some minor leaks when I roll over on my side, but I can usually wiggle my nose like a rabbit and go right back to sleep.

For anyone having trouble with breathing through the nose, I would suggest nasal pillows over nasal mask. It seems to inflate my breathing passages better than anything else I've tried.
Post Reply Post Reply
Why don't you put your chinstrap on before you put your Nano on?
Post Reply Post Reply
My mask has been the Swift FX, but sometimes I get the soreness around my nares, so I thought to try the Nano. Initially, I loved it, same lightweight frame but around my nose. However, after the first night I had a sore under my nose at the septum. Over the next few weeks I became less and less compliant (I've been compliant since day one, so it's odd for me to just take off my cpap in the middle of the night after a year of wearing it). The last couple days that I used the Nano I removed it after just an hour or two.

Honestly, I'm not sure why. I think it leaks into my eyes, hurts the bottom of my nose, and who knows what other reason. When I did wear it, my AHI would be 10+ (my baseline AHI is 9, REM AHI is 45) and my large leak would be elevated.

I changed back to my Swift FX and I'm back to wearing it 7+ hours a night. AHI back to less than 1, no large leak, pressures make sense. I think that it just wasn't a good fit for me, just the way that some masks fit people better than others.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Nasal Pillow - Leaking & Stability (Swift II vs Anything Else)? Phil7 0 595 10-19-2021, 12:08 PM
Last Post: Phil7
  Swift FX EmaNTD 3 877 09-06-2020, 01:41 PM
Last Post: JJJ
  ResMed Swift FX for Her Nasal Pillows Lambsydoats 5 926 08-14-2020, 05:33 PM
Last Post: Canuck 2
  Mask Request: Opus 360/Swift Fx hybrid Universeonwheels 0 680 05-06-2020, 08:01 PM
Last Post: Universeonwheels
  Looking for the right frame size with Swift FX PaulaBunyan 4 992 02-15-2020, 09:52 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Swift FX or N30i macheta 5 2,256 07-30-2019, 08:01 PM
Last Post: Zorki1c
  ResMed Swift problems Pizzafoundry 4 1,345 02-13-2019, 06:40 AM
Last Post: Fats Drywaller

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.