Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Does this blood O2 indicate apnea?
Does this blood O2 indicate apnea?
Hi there! I'm still at the stage of trying to figure out whether my sleep issues might be due to apnea. I wear an Apple Watch to track my sleep and it also tracks blood oxygen levels. My levels frequently dip down to around 80% at night, although they generally stay at over 95% during the day. I know the watch isn't a medical device, but could this be an indication that I need to look into apnea as a possible cause?

Symptoms: No trouble falling asleep but I wake up too early after around 4-5 hours and generally can't fall asleep again. When I wake up like this I feel like I've just drunk a couple of strong shots of espresso. As a result I feel sleep deprived most of the time, which is getting to be really an issue. 

Thanks in advance for any tips.  Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Does this blood O2 indicate apnea?
I was diagnosed with OSA in the basis of just a finger oximeter session. My 02 plummeted several times an hour and my pulse would race to compensate. I was fast-tracked onto an APAP machine immediately. So yes, it is possible to diagnose OSA on the basis of oximetry. But I would strongly recommend you get a professional diagnosis and, preferably, an overnight sleep study, so you know what you're dealing with.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks. I’m going to check with my doctor. ?
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome to the forum!

I've advised someone who was interested in having a sleep study done to measure blood oxygen levels. They were normal=for me, why worry.
DaveL
compliant for 35 years /// Still trying!

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._The_Guide

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Invisalign to help sleep apnea and dental extractions as a cause of sleep apnea SingleH 10 612 03-24-2024, 07:00 PM
Last Post: stevew168
Question [Equipment] Apnea index, blood pressure, pulse and SpO2 stier52r043 0 229 02-25-2024, 11:49 AM
Last Post: stier52r043
  [Health] Dizziness and high blood pressure Okbutton 2 518 06-13-2023, 08:58 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Central Apnea or Obstructive Apnea GoodSleepHunting 0 1,007 03-01-2023, 11:15 AM
Last Post: GoodSleepHunting
  Impact of blood pressure medication kemeky 16 1,484 01-15-2023, 09:14 AM
Last Post: Lucid
  blood blisters mouth Jenn84 2 967 12-21-2022, 04:15 PM
Last Post: Jenn84
  Help, red blood cell count up, no energy, long time CPAP user BBX2125 1 703 09-25-2022, 12:31 PM
Last Post: Brazen

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.