Mask Type: Not using mask
Mask Make & Model: none
Humidifier: none
CPAP Pressure: none
CPAP Software: Not using software

Other Comments:

Sex: Male

RE: Does this sound like sleep apnea?
Trish6hundred, that's a good idea for the sinus rinse. Will give that a shot.

Thanks for sharing your experience PaytonA. At the place I'm going to, they diagnose as well as sell equipment. Either way, I guess I am going to get the home test equipment from them tomorrow, since it's probably too late to cancel my appointment.

As weird as it sounds, I really want the diagnosis to come back (legitimately) positive. That way, I can finally have a reason for my fatigue the past so many years and finally find some relief with treatment. I'll let you guys know what happens with the test.
(This post was last modified: 10-29-2014 09:15 PM by jdip.)
10-29-2014 09:14 PM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board
Maggie Offline

Members

Machine: RedMed S9 Elite
Mask Type: Nasal pillows
Mask Make & Model: Unsure
Humidifier: ResMed H5i
CPAP Pressure: 5
CPAP Software: ResScan

Other Comments:

Sex: Female

RE: Does this sound like sleep apnea?
Don't know where in Canada you are but in Ontario the government pays about $700 towards the cost of a CPAP machine under the Assistive Devices programme.

In my experience asking your own GP to make an appointment at a certified sleep clinic is advisable but do get him/her to insist on an overnight sleep test. I was told at the sleep clinic in 2003 I didn't have apnea (although I was certain I did) and 6 years later when I was almost dead on my feet from fatigue, I managed to get the overnight test done. It turned out that, in spite of the clipboard questionnaire on which the initial diagnosis had been based, I did have what in 2009 was said to be 'severe sleep apnea' when the machine recorded 498 instances of sleep disturbance in one 8-hour period . . . small wonder I woke up more tired every morning than when I went to bed. When I mentioned my 2003 visit at which time I was refused the overnight test, the response was "we all make mistakes" - no hint of apology although the doctor's refusal to do a full test had resulted in my husband spending the last 6 years of his life with a wife whose temper was becoming daily shorter through chronic sleep deprivation. I can forgive my own misery; I can't forgive what that poor man suffered as a result of yet another medical mistake.
11-02-2014 11:45 AM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Is this sound normal? - Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset Ronberta 8 1,180 11-29-2016 07:59 PM
Last Post: sonicboom
  Question: sound level on Resmed S9 WITHOUT humidifier, compared to Remstar 560 kowlooner 8 200 11-29-2016 10:51 AM
Last Post: kowlooner
Angry [News] DANGER OF UNDIAGNOSED SLEEP APNEA srlevine1 7 482 11-21-2016 03:26 PM
Last Post: srlevine1
  Central Sleep Apnea? wayne99 8 699 11-20-2016 06:39 AM
Last Post: wayne99
  Sleep Apnea Alphabet Soup ladytimes 2 192 11-13-2016 02:16 PM
Last Post: ladytimes
  Resmed Autoset 10 alarm sound Ibiban 3 249 10-28-2016 07:30 PM
Last Post: trish6hundred
  [News] Vitamin D - possible help for sleep apnea patients? ApneaNews 46 13,967 10-28-2016 05:01 PM
Last Post: scotty