Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Does time sessions show actual sleep.
Does time sessions show actual sleep.
I have noticed when I look at my time sessons on Oscar it dosnt always have each section labeled with the time. I have very fragmented sleep and everytime I get up for any reason I turn off my cpap. In the morning when I look at the data some sessions will have labels for how long the session was other times they are blank. I have noticed a pattern when Im laying there awake with insomnia it dosnt label that section when I know I was asleep it tends to be labeled. Sometimes though it seems I was asleep but it dosnt label so im confused. And its not a space issue either because ive seen it squeeze one hour and 20 minutes into a session segment before but not a 2 hour one?? Does anybody know if it records good sleep and the shallow stuff where you seem to be awake it dosnt? thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Does time sessions show actual sleep.
CPAP machines do not know whether you are asleep or awake. They just record your breathing.

Are you referring to the session time bar at the bottom left of the Daily page? Whether an elapsed time is shown in each segment depends on whether the time, when converted to a text string for display, will fit in the bar segment for that session.
Useful links
Download OSCAR (current version is 1.5.1)
Best way to organize charts
How to attach charts to your post

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Display average AHI over time period ? Bernard Flapdoodle 1 82 04-09-2024, 03:30 PM
Last Post: LoudSnorer
  How and where to adjust local time. douglaskeene 3 240 03-30-2024, 01:27 PM
Last Post: douglaskeene
  Newbie Q on using OSCAR for first time Tman1966 1 130 03-28-2024, 05:30 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  OSCAR Reports Omitted Some ResMed Sleep Sessions RTolley 2 217 03-17-2024, 08:58 PM
Last Post: RTolley
  Time listed: Wrong end time? How to fix? Plmnb 5 255 03-08-2024, 08:57 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Total Time In Apnea is missing ElUno 3 383 02-26-2024, 09:23 AM
Last Post: LoudSnorer
  OSCAR- How to set time change to (Daylight Savings time) Reesche 5 799 01-03-2024, 04:44 PM
Last Post: Reesche

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.