Does your Nocturia (TRIPS TO LOO) return when you have bad night?
TheManseHen Offline

Preferred Members-2

Machine: RedMed A10 Airsense 10 Autoset
Mask Type: Nasal pillows
Mask Make & Model: Resmed Airfit P10
Humidifier: One that came with machine
CPAP Pressure: 7.6-14.0 EPR 3
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead

Other Comments: Started C-pap Boxing Day 2014. Tortured sleep more or less since 2000. Trigeminal Neuralgia.

Sex: Female

Does your Nocturia (TRIPS TO LOO) return when you have bad night?
So for those of you who had Nocturia/MANY MANY loo trips a night (at my worse, every 45 mins to an hour all.night.long. Recently before c-pap was prob 4-6 and on early treatment of AHI 5.0-6.0 most nights was down to maybe 2-3 a night. saw first 4-5 hours without pee trip...in years.

Well last night was a bad night, I've recently perhaps over tinkered, over narrowed my range etc, and I can't tell why last night was so bad because I left card in computer not c-pap .arrghh.

Even after you've gotten your pee trips down, I assume they return if you have bad nights or skip c-pap or what have you? Do they come back immediately or edge up slowly or what?

Do you find that one figure more than others in your data affects the peeing?
Ie. less trips when your AHI is lowest regardless of pressure/leaks/other features...more pee trips with centrals vs OSA or vice versa etc?
even if unproven by science did you have any theories or correlations you found between bad loo nights and your sleep quality/setting/practices?

Thanks in Advance,
A tiny bit discouraged in San Francisco.
But I've tasted the improvements and I've got no where to go but UP (not up to the loo mind you!)

Susan
01-21-2015 05:11 PM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board
Mr. Van Winkle Online

Advisory Members

Machine: Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset
Mask Type: Nasal mask
Mask Make & Model: F&P Eson
Humidifier: Airsense
CPAP Pressure: 9 -15
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead Other Software

Other Comments:

Sex: Male

RE: Does your Nocturia (TRIPS TO LOO) return when you have bad night?
(01-21-2015 05:11 PM)TheManseHen Wrote:  So for those of you who had Nocturia/MANY MANY loo trips a night (at my worse, every 45 mins to an hour all.night.long. Recently before c-pap was prob 4-6 and on early treatment of AHI 5.0-6.0 most nights was down to maybe 2-3 a night. saw first 4-5 hours without pee trip...in years.

Well last night was a bad night, I've recently perhaps over tinkered, over narrowed my range etc, and I can't tell why last night was so bad because I left card in computer not c-pap .arrghh.

Even after you've gotten your pee trips down, I assume they return if you have bad nights or skip c-pap or what have you? Do they come back immediately or edge up slowly or what?

Do you find that one figure more than others in your data affects the peeing?
Ie. less trips when your AHI is lowest regardless of pressure/leaks/other features...more pee trips with centrals vs OSA or vice versa etc?
even if unproven by science did you have any theories or correlations you found between bad loo nights and your sleep quality/setting/practices?

Thanks in Advance,
A tiny bit discouraged in San Francisco.
But I've tasted the improvements and I've got no where to go but UP (not up to the loo mind you!)

Susan

I used to Pee at least twice an night, now I sleep so well I can make it through the night , in fact just last weekend I slept 12 hours an didn't have to pee....that's like sleeping 2 nights in one for me.
sorry I'm not checking AHI vs Pee trips don't need to track it that close....Smile
Sleep-well
01-21-2015 05:38 PM
Crimson Nape Offline

Monitors

Machine: ResMed S9 Autoset
Mask Type: Other
Mask Make & Model: P-10 / F&P Simplus / DreamWear
Humidifier: H5i w/Climateline
CPAP Pressure: 8 - EPR 3
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments: CMS-50F & 50IW

It sounds like you want Sleepyhead to have a "P/WT-I" graph. (Pee/Wiz Time Index)Dielaughing

Statistics prove that people who have more birthdays live longer.
01-21-2015 06:14 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
quiescence at last Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: REMstar System One with Autoflex
Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: Quattro AirFit F10
Humidifier: yes typical setting = 4
CPAP Pressure: 5-13 Autotritrating CPAP
CPAP Software: SleepyHead EncoreBasic

Other Comments: CMS-50F Plus oximeter /w SPO2 Assistant software. Avowed mouth-breather switching to nose-breathing

I can just imagine the detection device, something like the pulse oximeter, only hopefully softer.

sorry, I might get sensored for that one.

Dedicated to QALity sleep.
You'll note I am listed as an Advisory Member. I am honored to be listed as such. See the fine print - Advisory Members as a group provide advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies. Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
01-21-2015 06:42 PM
TheManseHen Offline

Preferred Members-2

Machine: RedMed A10 Airsense 10 Autoset
Mask Type: Nasal pillows
Mask Make & Model: Resmed Airfit P10
Humidifier: One that came with machine
CPAP Pressure: 7.6-14.0 EPR 3
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead

Other Comments: Started C-pap Boxing Day 2014. Tortured sleep more or less since 2000. Trigeminal Neuralgia.

Sex: Female

harharhar...very funny ya'll. For me, I know every spike I have on my phone sleep detection app, is a trip to the loo, as is all the gaps in my "mask events" on the simple graphs....Good to have a laugh in these early days!
Keeping my humor here...I still like Paula02's imagery of herding cats, that being what fine tuning apnea/mask/machine etc is like when one starts.

Cheers,
Susan
01-21-2015 06:49 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
justMongo Offline

Monitors

Machine: ResMed VPAP Auto (S9)
Mask Make & Model: ResMed Mirage Quattro
Humidifier: ResMed H5i
CPAP Pressure: 18 IPAPmax - 11 EPAPmin, PS=5
CPAP Software: Other Software

Other Comments: μολὼν λαβέ

(01-21-2015 06:14 PM)sgearhart Wrote:  It sounds like you want Sleepyhead to have a "P/WT-I" graph. (Pee/Wiz Time Index)Dielaughing

You assignment is to write that function as an integral.

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
01-21-2015 07:11 PM
Regular Joe Offline

Preferred Members-2

Machine: ResMed S9 Auto
Mask Make & Model: ResMed AirFit F10
Humidifier: ResMed H5i
CPAP Pressure: 10

Other Comments: Medical Technologist

A Loo? Is that similar to my out house?
01-21-2015 10:54 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
sumzzzs Offline

Preferred Members

Machine: PRS1 BiPap Auto 750P
Mask Make & Model: ResMed Mirage Quattro.
Humidifier: PR System One Heated Humidifier
CPAP Pressure: 10 EPAP 15 IPAP

Other Comments:

I'm still waiting for my trips to the bathroom go down, my treatment has me feeling better, bu I've been keeping a log in the bathroom, I'm up 6 times, it's torture.Try not to drink anything in evening right now.
01-21-2015 11:40 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  1st night with DreamWear mask - Best night ever pwgphoto 34 5,340 08-30-2016 08:36 PM
Last Post: HoustonMIke
  [Treatment] Seeing significantly different AHI numbers night to night galenaforest 4 821 02-25-2016 02:27 AM
Last Post: Dagmar1
  One night = 0 leaks, next night 30 L.....??? GrammaBear 3 740 01-28-2016 01:39 PM
Last Post: justMongo
Question Any other things to try before I give up and return CPAP? mogulman 14 1,760 10-08-2015 09:52 PM
Last Post: Jim Bronson
Question Bathroom trips really mess up the CPAP HughT 7 1,633 09-22-2015 07:39 AM
Last Post: justMongo
  First night behind me - 2nd night update - mostly Centrals? worn_out_in_lebanon 19 4,472 03-21-2015 11:11 AM
Last Post: retired_guy
  0.0 Events Last Night - Night #7 Sparkle 4 1,795 01-20-2015 09:47 PM
Last Post: Sparkle