Apnea Board Facebook Editor
Monitors

Machine: Resmed S9 AutoSet
Mask Type: Nasal pillows
Mask Make & Model: Airfit P10 for Her
Humidifier: H5i humidifier with ClimateLine heated hose
CPAP Pressure: 8-15
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments: diabetes II, Thyroidectomized, Primary Immune Deficiency, and the list goes on :P

Sex: Female

Angry Dog got skunked
[Image: skunk_s.jpg]

nose and eyes burnin, tummy turnin...
not looking forward to having this smell shoved down the cpap all night Sad

هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه
Tongue Suck Technique for prevention of mouth breathing:
  • Place your tongue behind your front teeth on the roof of your mouth
  • let your tongue fill the space between the upper molars
  • gently suck to form a light vacuum
Practising during the day can help you to keep it at night

هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه
10-04-2015 12:17 AM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board
PaulaO2 Offline
Wiki Editor
Moderators

Machine: S9 Autoset
Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: F&P Simplus
Humidifier: H5i
CPAP Pressure: 14-20

Other Comments: Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome, Hypermobility Type; chronic sarcasm

Sex: Undisclosed

RE: Dog got skunked
LOL Tomato juice. Really works. It doesn't clean the smell off, it just smells stronger than the skunk, kind of over powers it on the skin kind of thing. Nothing but time really gets rid of it.

We have skunks and fox (who smell like skunks) pass by here often. I can sleep through most of them but get whammed by the smell as soon as I take the mask off. Then my CPAP stinks for several days. Why didn't it bother me when I slept? I dunno. I'm just weird.

PaulaO2
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Breathe deeply and count to zen.

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
10-04-2015 01:29 AM
DariaVader Offline
Monitors

Other Comments: diabetes II, Thyroidectomized, Primary Immune Deficiency, and the list goes on :P

he got a hydrogen peroxide, baking soda and dish soap solution first, tomato juice second and poor baby is outside for the night. can't tell if i got it ooff of him because the smell has permeated everything both inside and out. urgghhhhhh!

10-04-2015 01:39 AM

Donate to Apnea Board
GrammaBear Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: ResMed S9 AutoSet
Mask Make & Model: Air Fit P10
Humidifier: ResMed H5i heated humidifier
CPAP Pressure: 12.2 - 16.2

Other Comments: Type 1 diabetes - using Tandem T-slim insulin pump, Dexcom G4 CGM

(10-04-2015 01:39 AM)DariaVader Wrote:  he got a hydrogen peroxide, baking soda and dish soap solution first, tomato juice second and poor baby is outside for the night. can't tell if i got it ooff of him because the smell has permeated everything both inside and out. urgghhhhhh!

Just out of curiosity, how is your dog now? Do you think he 'learned' his lesson to stay away from those "striped kitty kats"?
10-25-2015 07:51 AM
DariaVader Offline
Monitors

He still has a faint odor of skunk... his bath was somewhat deficient as he gets extreme anxiety when you try to bathe him (rescue mutt with issues!) This was his second skunking and he did not actually chase this one - he happened upon it in the blackberry bushes between my house and the neighbors. There are tons of skunks around this year in the neighborhood, too much construction in the area, I think!

After the first skunking he would sniff the air before venturing off the back porch. He was very cautious for a while. There has been no test of the skunk caution though - they seem to be avoiding the back yard(where he got nailed the first time) and this happened in the front. I just dont take him out front after dark now Big Grin

My son almost got himself skunked in the front yard as well Shock

10-25-2015 11:09 AM

Donate to Apnea Board
GrammaBear Offline

Advisory Members

Other Comments: Type 1 diabetes - using Tandem T-slim insulin pump, Dexcom G4 CGM

(10-25-2015 11:09 AM)DariaVader Wrote:  He still has a faint odor of skunk... his bath was somewhat deficient as he gets extreme anxiety when you try to bathe him (rescue mutt with issues!) This was his second skunking and he did not actually chase this one - he happened upon it in the blackberry bushes between my house and the neighbors. There are tons of skunks around this year in the neighborhood, too much construction in the area, I think!

After the first skunking he would sniff the air before venturing off the back porch. He was very cautious for a while. There has been no test of the skunk caution though - they seem to be avoiding the back yard(where he got nailed the first time) and this happened in the front. I just dont take him out front after dark now Big Grin

My son almost got himself skunked in the front yard as well Shock

I cannot verify the accuracy of this suggestion, but a online friend from across the 'pond' said that placing moth balls around bushes and flowers will discourage skunks from hanging around the area. We placed the moth balls around the perimeter of our garden this summer and it seemed to work. Only problem is that once it rains, you have to replace the moth balls too.
10-25-2015 12:51 PM
DariaVader Offline
Monitors

(10-25-2015 12:51 PM)GrammaBear Wrote:  I cannot verify the accuracy of this suggestion, but a online friend from across the 'pond' said that placing moth balls around bushes and flowers will discourage skunks from hanging around the area. We placed the moth balls around the perimeter of our garden this summer and it seemed to work. Only problem is that once it rains, you have to replace the moth balls too.

I read that too --- but this is Oregon Big Grin it is always raining Big Grin

10-25-2015 01:22 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
GrammaBear Offline

Advisory Members

(10-25-2015 01:22 PM)DariaVader Wrote:  
(10-25-2015 12:51 PM)GrammaBear Wrote:  I cannot verify the accuracy of this suggestion, but a online friend from across the 'pond' said that placing moth balls around bushes and flowers will discourage skunks from hanging around the area. We placed the moth balls around the perimeter of our garden this summer and it seemed to work. Only problem is that once it rains, you have to replace the moth balls too.

I read that too --- but this is Oregon Big Grin it is always raining Big Grin

So you buy stock in the moth ball company ???

We live out in the country and there are lots of stinky critters in our area. We've found that once we placed the moth balls down, it took about 3 rainfalls before we could no longer smell them - thus assuming they were no longer functional. Out here if a car happens to hit a skunk two miles down the road, you can still smell the aroma two weeks later.....ugh !!!
10-25-2015 01:45 PM
DariaVader Offline
Monitors

yeah - they produce a powerful stench. last time the dog got it it was months before you couldnt smell some if he got wet...

10-25-2015 02:17 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
GrammaBear Offline

Advisory Members

(10-25-2015 02:17 PM)DariaVader Wrote:  yeah - they produce a powerful stench. last time the dog got it it was months before you couldnt smell some if he got wet...

Poor doogie ......... Rolleyes
10-25-2015 03:20 PM