Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New TENS snoring sleep apnea device
New TENS snoring sleep apnea device
Saw this on Facebook and will be keeping an eye on it. Interesting to see what happens.

Moderator Action:
Link removed as it violates Apnea Board rule #2 (footnote #2)
Crowd-funded promotions altogether, including "GoFundMe" and similar money-raising campaigns are not allowed.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New TENS snoring sleep apnea device
Looks interesting. I didn't read the article in detail, but it may work somewhat for those with mild apnea.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sounds like the Inspire implant, but not implanted.

I'm pretty skeptical. I could see it being somewhat effective for snoring, but opening your airway to prevent apnea....I don't know.
My get-up-and-go musta got up and went.  Cool

Download OSCAR for your sleep data.  
https://www.sleepfiles.com/OSCAR

Post Reply Post Reply
Like the Inspire, only for limited cases that are affected by tongue placement.
Post Reply Post Reply
It does look interesting. But the website has absolutely zero information about any sort of medical testing or approval.

FWIW I found a 2019 article where someone tested it. The review isn't very insightful and was only casually tested about stopping snoring, not OSA. But it has lots of good pictures of how the thing works.

There's also more info on the company's website. They also have an interesting looking breathing monitor for assessing sleep apnea. Nothing a CPAP machine isn't doing but this is just a monitor, not a full machine.
Post Reply Post Reply
I seen an add for Inspire in Colorado.  Inquired to my primary care doc, who referred me to a new sleep doc, who ordered an at home sleep test, and now has referred me to a ENT for further evaluation.  My appointment is in January, will see where it goes, sure be nice to lose the machine for overnight river floats and hikes etc.  After 17 years I still fight the hose a bit.  Will try to keep everyone posted, and appreciate any experience and insight.
g
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks. I will be watching this too. I can't say I'm optimistic but I would gladly trade a few apneas for the comfort and convenience.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Medicare and Sleep Apnea Equipment chzuck 12 224 04-10-2024, 01:47 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Any Central Sleep Apnea receiving treatment other than CPAP, ASV? ivan007 0 106 04-07-2024, 06:19 AM
Last Post: ivan007
  Best Oximeter Device to use w OSCAR Abletree 17 4,022 04-04-2024, 01:37 PM
Last Post: BigWing
  Need help with RERAs in sleep apnea shedu1337 8 279 04-03-2024, 06:22 AM
Last Post: shedu1337
  Heart Failure with Sleep Apnea kwhenrykerr 2 190 04-02-2024, 07:48 PM
Last Post: kwhenrykerr
  Apnea has gotten worse recently, I have no sleep study, can I just buy a cpcp? replayablecontent 12 376 03-27-2024, 12:38 PM
Last Post: replayablecontent
  Collars for positional sleep apnea Jimasripper 17 499 03-25-2024, 10:05 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.