Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Don't want to record certain sessions.
Don't want to record certain sessions.
Using A ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet
When I clean my tubing and mask, I like to "blow dry" it using my machine. (Not a fan of propelled water droplets.)
A couple weeks ago I decided it would be a good idea to use Mask Fit instead of starting treatment.
However, I have noticed that Mask Fit (1) Times out after a few minutes, and (2) Sometimes it starts treatment [It goes to the pressure/green circle screen].
Last week I decided that it would probably be a good idea to pull the SD card when doing this.
So my questions are:
  1. Does starting Mask Fit from the menu constitute a session?
  2. If I run a session with SD card removed, Does the machine retain this info for when I put my SD card back in?
  3. Also, If I run a session with SD card removed, Does this get reported OTA to my DME? (This is actually a concern because I am still in my 9 month trial period.)
Thanks. Chris.

Does anyone else have a thing that when they clean their mask and cushion and put it on that night, It doesn't stay put like it's been doing all week?
I have the most leakage on Sunday night.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Don't want to record certain sessions.
(11-09-2019, 02:42 PM)Chris43156 Wrote: Using A ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet
When I clean my tubing and mask, I like to "blow dry" it using my machine. (Not a fan of propelled water droplets.)
A couple weeks ago I decided it would be a good idea to use Mask Fit instead of starting treatment.
However, I have noticed that Mask Fit (1) Times out after a few minutes, and (2) Sometimes it starts treatment [It goes to the pressure/green circle screen].
Last week I decided that it would probably be a good idea to pull the SD card when doing this.
So my questions are:
  1. Does starting Mask Fit from the menu constitute a session?
  2. If I run a session with SD card removed, Does the machine retain this info for when I put my SD card back in?
  3. Also, If I run a session with SD card removed, Does this get reported OTA to my DME? (This is actually a concern because I am still in my 9 month trial period.)
Thanks. Chris.

Does anyone else have a thing that when they clean their mask and cushion and put it on that night, It doesn't stay put like it's been doing all week?
I have the most leakage on Sunday night.

1 = no
2 = only summary data
3 = not sure, but I'd guess yes
Post Reply Post Reply
I'd suggest you just ask your DME about whether an unrecorded session would in some way mess up your trial. My guess is that it wouldn't; generally for compliance they're just looking to see that you use your machine for at least so many hours out of 24 (usually at least 4).
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-10-2019, 11:36 PM)Dormeo Wrote: I'd suggest you just ask your DME about whether an unrecorded session would in some way mess up your trial.  My guess is that it wouldn't; generally for compliance they're just looking to see that you use your machine for at least so many hours out of 24 (usually at least 4).

I'm not horribly concerned about the 4+ hour compliance.
Honestly, I would like it to not be recorded on the SD card for my purposes (OSCAR).
Post Reply Post Reply
There is no control of what record to the SD Card other than to prevent the detailed data of a section from recording by removing the SD Card ahead of time.  The summary data will still show up.

You can prevent a session from displaying inside OSCAR.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-15-2019, 11:05 AM)bonjour Wrote: There is no control of what record to the SD Card other than to prevent the detailed data of a section from recording by removing the SD Card ahead of time.  The summary data will still show up.

You can prevent a session from displaying inside OSCAR.

I am removing the SD Card, I just wasn't sure if my machine would just add this to the card once I was done and re-inserted it.
It looks like running a Mask Fit does not start a session on the machine.
Post Reply Post Reply
Why use your $1000 CPAP machine to dry tubes? Buy an air mattress pump for $11 to $20 and you will get all the velocity you want without running your machine. I have a rechargeable one I use for pool floats in the summer. Mine is a OlarHike Portable Quick-Fill Electric Air Mattress Pump ($19.99 on Amazon). If I want to blow dry tubing, it is fast, cheap and effective. Dry your tubing and blow up toys for the kids!

Edit to add, the CPAP tube fits the outlet of this blower without any adapter.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
if you have a pump for other reasons, sure why not.

to put it into perspective, running mask fit for 5 minutes a week adds 21.67 hours over 5 years, roughly 0.15% of the 14,600 run hours over 5 years at 8hrs/night. worst case: it takes less than 3 night's use off the life of the machine. a $1000 machine costs $0.55/day over 5 years. loss of 3 night's use will cost us $1.65.

if like me one washes hoses less frequently, 5 minutes a month adds 6.25 hours over 5 years; or 0.04% of the typical run time over 5 years. worst case: it takes less than one night's use off the life of the machine. a $1000 machine costs $0.55/day over 5 years. loss of 1 night's use will cost us $0.55.

but hey, good thing we have some options. whatever works!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  OSCAR says: "Resmed Airsense 10 does not record detailed data"! Really? PappaJoe 3 475 02-14-2024, 06:38 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Why are most of my sleep sessions exactly 1 hr? AussieBobJ 1 302 01-03-2024, 08:50 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  What is the best way to record SP02 for OSCAR Ghandi 2 428 09-08-2023, 12:51 PM
Last Post: Ghandi
  [Equipment] O2 ring - multiple sessions during the night larrykay 1 640 07-04-2023, 12:58 AM
Last Post: larrykay
  Record full night of SpO2 data from smartwatches ? BillSteamshovel 4 583 06-15-2023, 09:01 PM
Last Post: cmpman1974
  Last Night - Two Very Different Sessions dhamments 2 553 09-03-2022, 07:40 AM
Last Post: dhamments
  Machine not showing proper hours in sleep report. Sessions show major disruption cloudberry 15 3,875 07-09-2022, 10:16 PM
Last Post: cloudberry

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.