Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Doubleb (Therapy Thread)
RE: Doubleb (Therapy Thread)
So after several straight bad nights I used one of my Google cameras to record my sleep. I am rolling over on my back and not chin tucking. My lower back has been hurting for a few weeks now so after a few hours of side sleeping I roll over to reduce the pain. Then the apneas start.
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
I understand and have a similar problem. I start out on my side until the hip pain wakes me. When I start to turn over, I make a conscious effort to keep rolling to the opposite side.
Try rolling to your opposite side instead of your back.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
http://www.ApneaBoard.com

Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Definitely. The issue is I’m not waking up. Tonight I’m going to try to find something stiff enough to put behind my back to keep me from rolling over.  Or maybe if I start out on the other side maybe I’ll just roll over to my more natural position. 

But I cannot suggest the camera trick enough. Oscar tells me the time it started then I can look at the footage and know exactly what happened.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-01-2022, 07:45 AM)Doubleb Wrote: Tonight I’m going to try to find something stiff enough to put behind my back to keep me from rolling over.  
Try taping a tennis ball (or something of a roughly similar size without hard edges) to your back or to whatever you're wearing to sleep. It's a classic technique that works. If you wind up on your back you'll quickly get off it because having a tennis ball suddenly and unexpectedly digging into your back isn't generally comfortable.
Smile
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Gross Quarky68 Therapy Thread Quarky68 25 1,078 3 hours ago
Last Post: hh9797
  supercharge2 (Therapy Thread) supercharge2 8 102 8 hours ago
Last Post: supercharge2
  DanEm [Therapy Thread] DanEm 55 1,632 08-07-2022, 06:25 PM
Last Post: DanEm
Exclaimation [News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS Sleeprider 2,263 214,099 08-06-2022, 11:02 PM
Last Post: WakeUpTime
  [Treatment] Tonkachonk's therapy thread Tonkachonk 14 388 08-06-2022, 05:15 PM
Last Post: Tonkachonk
  manich (Therapy Thread) manich 10 398 07-30-2022, 10:02 AM
Last Post: manich
  Quackdoctor (Therapy Thread) Quackdoctor 31 817 07-26-2022, 02:32 PM
Last Post: Quackdoctor

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.