Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Doubleb (Therapy Thread)
Doubleb (Therapy Thread)
Story time: Original sleep study AHI of 49. I cannot sleep during sleep studies. When I went for my titration study, I gave them about 2.5 hours of sleep to work with. They said they were able to reduce my AHI to 0, but I never rolled over or changed positions

So I've been using my BIPAP machine for a for a month. My daily AHI ranges from 2 - 15. Sometimes the higher numbers mean there was a leak, sometimes not. I typically take 3mg of Melatonin before bed, but I was tired last night and didn't take it, just went to sleep. I woke up at 4:45 this morning needing to urinate (Unusual, but I have started drinking a lot more water during the day), was still in the exact position I fell asleep in, and could not go back to sleep. I guessed that I had gotten really solid sleep so i didn't need to go back to sleep. I looked at my sleepwatch app and it said 0.0 sleep disruptions which solidified my opinion, then after an hour, I looked at my Resmed Dashboard and saw an AHI of 15.5. Not too good.

I have the ResMed Aircurve 10 Vauto. Does this machine have a setting where it will auto adjust the pressure and if so, should I consider trying it? I would just like to get some consistency on the lower end. Even the higher numbers are better than untreated, but I feel so much better on the days after the low score. If viewing my data from Oscar would help, let me know what carts to pin and how to order it and I'll post them.

Thank you all in advance.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: A Question
Yes, please post an OSCAR chart.  The graphs we need to see for starters are:
Events, Flow Rate, Pressure, Flow Limitation and Leak Rate.

Use the F12 key (on a Mac, Fn+F12) to take a Screenshot of the daily page.  Use the Standard View as this will keep the graphs in order and eliminate the calendar and pie chart.  We need to see the left sidebar with the statistics along with the graphs.

The link below in my signature line (Organizing your chart) will help guide you.

Use the Attachment Feature to post it here.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank You!. Here is my lowest AHI. On this night, I woke up for a while after midnight and went back to sleep around 2.

And this was last night's, where I believe I was totally still. Even Dreamed.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
I an NOT an expert. OpalRose has replied and other experts may reply also. In the meantime, may I offer and observation. The chart from July 22 seems to indicate clusters of events, which may indicate positional apnea and be mitigated by getting a soft cervical collar. This will not help with central apneas AFAIK but will help with obstructives and hypopneas.

Positional apnea is when your neck in a a position such that it closes off your airway. Often called "chin tucking." Check out the Apnea Board wiki on positional apnea for details.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks. Are there any other devices? I can’t even wear a turtleneck/tie due to anxiety I get when something is around my neck. I have an apnea pillow. Tonight I’ll try to swap it to the small side.
Post Reply Post Reply
I had to flip it back around, but changed where I placed my head a bit and had an AHI of 3 today, so that's improvement...
Post Reply Post Reply
Rough night

AHI 19+ and I feel like i'm in a fog. Is it normal for there to be good nights and bad night or is just that I'm new to this and my body need to adjust.

Also, I usually take melatonin to assist in falling asleep, could that actually be detrimental to my treatment?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Doubleb (Therapy Thread)
I have merged your last two threads and renamed it to DoubLeb (Therapy Thread).
Please keep your therapy questions and graphs to this one thread.
Thanks!
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Rough night
It was a bad night because you slept in a position that cut off your own airway. As was mentioned in other posts it is called positional apnea or chin tucking where your chin drops to your Sternum cutting off your own airway.

No change of pressure will help you must find a way not to get into that position.

Good nights you stayed out of the position bad nights you chin tucked.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Doubleb (Therapy Thread)
Will do, Mrs Rose. My apologies as I learn appropriate style for this site. Now where can i get restraining straps? Big Grin
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Jakespeare65 - Therapy Help jakespeare65 28 838 2 hours ago
Last Post: jakespeare65
  WW4B Therapy thread WW4B 49 4,084 03-27-2024, 04:31 PM
Last Post: WW4B
  Therapy Help - Possible UARS - REM jkossis 8 176 03-27-2024, 02:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Therapy help rekaviv 9 256 03-27-2024, 11:22 AM
Last Post: rekaviv
  IanD - Therapy Thread IanD 28 2,269 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: IanD
  MrIvanDrago - CPAP|Bi-PAP Therapy Journey MrIvanDrago 67 3,364 03-26-2024, 01:22 PM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  Marcin's Therapy Thread marcinpiskala 20 968 03-23-2024, 04:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.