Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Download [& extracting software]
Angry 
Download [& extracting software]
I just signed up and tried to download the software for my Airsense 10 only to have a flickering webpage and a computer crash! Not good.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Download
G'day heinzfifty7. Welcome to Apnea Board.

Can you give us a bit more detail so we know what the problem is, please? Were you trying to download OSCAR? If so, was it from the link in this forum? https://www.sleepfiles.com/OSCAR If you were trying to download Oscar from elsewhere, can you give us the site address please, so we can check it out.

If it is software other than Oscar, can you tell us which software and the address of the download site.

Finally, are you using a Windows computer, a Mac, Linux or something else?
Post Reply Post Reply
My apologies in advance, i missed the step where it stated this was a zip file. The computer is fine, i just need an app to unlock the file. Thanks for the reply! Oh-jeez
Post Reply Post Reply
Heinzfifty7 what type of computer are you using and what operating system so we can provide more detailed information
Post Reply Post Reply
If your O/S doesn't provide an "Extract" feature, either by double-clicking the .zip file or right-clicking on it and selecting this operation from the options, a free all-around archiving/compression app is 7-zip.  It is free and has versions for most all O/S's.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
We have a HP Pavillion laptop with Windows 7. I did some nosing around last night and didn't see a provision to extract a zip file, so i'm thinking we need to download software like Winzip? Thanks in advance.
Post Reply Post Reply
You must be downloading the ResScan software... it is in a .zip file.  The OSCAR software (Windows version) is an .exe file.

You don't need to download anything in order to unzip (extract) the install files... that ability is already in Windows 7.

For instructions, see here:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help...-zip-files
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Download [& extracting software]
It looks like the folder is open now, although there never was a unzip  feature to do it. I opened it with internet explorer, go figure. I'll take it step by step tonight and let you guys know. Thanks again, Paul

Big Grin
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-11-2019, 09:10 AM)heinzfifty7 Wrote: It looks like the folder is open now, although there never was a unzip  feature to do it. I opened it with internet explorer, go figure. I'll take it step by step tonight and let you guys know. Thanks again, Paul

Big Grin

It may look like it's been "unzipped", but unless you right clicked on the file and selected "extract", it's possibly still zipped up.

Did you follow the instructions in the link above?

To unzip all the contents of the zipped folder, press and hold (or right-click) the folder, select Extract All, and then follow the instructions.

Windows may allow you to view zipped up files when you open a zip folder, but you won't be able to do anything with it until you extract the files.

Eat-popcorn
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Post Reply Post Reply
I got up early this morning and downloaded the software. (hectic week) It went very well and i now have my compliance report thanks to you guys! No more searching for an outlet to download info for my CDL compliance. I have some horror stories.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  problem downloading OSCAR SOFTWARE Bailey104 1 88 03-15-2024, 05:49 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  NOTICE: ResScan 7.1 Software now available [for ResMed machines only] SuperSleeper 0 430 02-26-2024, 10:27 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Oscar 1.5.1 - where to download cc0bc973 stanley61 4 197 02-26-2024, 02:11 PM
Last Post: stanley61
  Software support for the Astral 150? Peashee888 10 621 02-18-2024, 10:34 AM
Last Post: LoudSnorer
  AirSense 11 Data download csv file vs. card tkblizard 3 493 12-29-2023, 04:33 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Software/app for Lowenstein Prisma SmartPlus w/o NHS knowing Ploppy 3 1,007 12-21-2023, 10:01 AM
Last Post: Ploppy
  PC Software RchiAiki 13 1,186 12-20-2023, 11:51 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.