Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Doesn't anyone else FEEL apnea in their SLEEP?
RE: Doesn't anyone else FEEL apnea in their SLEEP?
(09-23-2018, 12:22 PM)Broomstick Wrote: Does your laying down difficulty get relieved immediately with the cpap?

Different people will report different answers to questions like this. Some people strap on a CPAP machine for the first time and sleep like a baby, waking up feeling more refreshed than they have in decades. Others will refuse to tolerate the CPAP machine for more than a few minutes and never use it again. Most of us are somewhere in between.

It took a few weeks for me to start seeing some of these symptoms abate, and a few years for others to fully resolve. Meanwhile, though, every time you use the machine you reduce the long term risks associated with heart disease and stroke, and you enjoy life more because you are at least getting some deep sleep as opposed to none.

Quote:Do you have to put it on a higher setting in order for it to make a difference?

That's a question that the titration is designed to answer. A CPAP machine that auto-adjusts the pressure can also be used to answer this question.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
My thoughts are if you think you might have sleep apnea, get an autoset machine from Craigslist and try it out.  If you feel more awake after using it for a week or so, walla, you have solved your problem. If you do not feel more awake, and your AHI is low, then you need to look to other causes for your lack of energy.   Presumably, you've already had a workup by your primary to check for obvious things like low iron and stuff.
Post Reply Post Reply
The results from my sleep study are in. I'd like to start a new thread for it because it's a completely different discussion now.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Low AHI but still feel tired everyday Abhi 5 246 10 hours ago
Last Post: staceyburke
  Apnea has gotten worse recently, I have no sleep study, can I just buy a cpcp? replayablecontent 12 249 03-27-2024, 12:38 PM
Last Post: replayablecontent
  Feel like my CPAP machine is killing me jimbob123 1 95 03-27-2024, 05:42 AM
Last Post: Rich66
  Collars for positional sleep apnea Jimasripper 17 359 03-25-2024, 10:05 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Invisalign to help sleep apnea and dental extractions as a cause of sleep apnea SingleH 10 619 03-24-2024, 07:00 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Sleep Apnea or Something Else? RoughriderTR 6 296 03-23-2024, 04:43 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
  Obstructive Sleep Apnea After Stroke Help MB123 1 75 03-23-2024, 01:08 PM
Last Post: Dormeo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.