Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Downloaded data question
RE: Downloaded data question
Their "legal argument" is B.S. I'm sure its because I haven't bought anything from them in so long. In my opinion, due to my limited experience with the sleep center and this DME, I'm not impressed with the whole discipline.

I've gone over the machine set-up from the clinician's manual a couple of times. I can't see anything that I overlooked.
Post Reply Post Reply
seth

can you list what data you are able to see on your LED each morning? can you list what data you can see in Rescan when you click on detail where it shows graphs? I am not familiar with your machine so hopefully others will be able to help you more than I can.

EDIT: Is your sleep quality on? Just a thought.
Post Reply Post Reply
Arrow 
The only data on the LED display in the morning is mask fit and useage. The data on the LED display when I go into the Clinical Menu>Results>Efficacy Data is:

Leak
VT
Resp Rate
MV
% Spont T
% Spon C
Press

The only 2 graphs I get in ResScan when I click on the top tab for "Detailed Graphs" after downloading the data into ResScan from my machine is a Leak graph and a Minute Ventilation graph. (See my attachment from a previous post) There is no setting in my machine for sleep quality.

If there is anyone out there using a ResMed VPAP III ST-A, please respond.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-14-2014, 03:21 PM)seth Wrote: The only data on the LED display in the morning is mask fit and useage. The data on the LED display when I go into the Clinical Menu>Results>Efficacy Data is:

Leak
VT
Resp Rate
MV
% Spont T
% Spon C
Press

The only 2 graphs I get in ResScan when I click on the top tab for "Detailed Graphs" after downloading the data into ResScan from my machine is a Leak graph and a Minute Ventilation graph. (See my attachment from a previous post) There is no setting in my machine for sleep quality.

I am not an expert on anything around here but one thing did occur to me. If you have not already done so, you might want to check the "Show/Hide Graph Information Panel". To access it, click on the button at the right of the line under the tabs showing Product _____ and Serial No. _____. There is a button there and if you hold your cursor over it, you will see the title that I just quoted. Make sure that everything that you want to see is selected for the detailed graph tab in this panel.

Other than that, I do not know enough about your machine to say.

Best of luck,

PaytonA

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks PaytonA. I'll definitely check that out when I get home later.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-14-2014, 03:21 PM)seth Wrote: The only data on the LED display in the morning is mask fit and useage. The data on the LED display when I go into the Clinical Menu>Results>Efficacy Data is:

Leak
VT
Resp Rate
MV
% Spont T
% Spon C
Press

There has to be something turned off or not turned on in your machine. I get more info when I look at my LCD in the morning than you have listed (this data is not in the clinical menu but is on your LCD and can be seen when you push the 2 oblong buttons at the same time). I read a few posts where the poster said their DME/RT locked them out of things with their machine and one said that the RT kept their SD card.

Hopefully someone that has your machine can help you. I think the problem is a setting I your machine since you can't see all the data on your machine or clinical menu or both. What is blocked or not set up won't show up in the software.

Try and download it in SleepyHead and see if you get the same thing. If you do, that will confirm that there are settings in your machine that need to be turned on, etc.

EDIT: I just looked in my clinical menu. If you go in there, select the 2nd icon on the left, look at the 2nd option that says sleep quality and make sure if that is on and while there, check the rest of your options in that section.
Post Reply Post Reply
First, let me address the ResScan display issue. Found the "show/Hide information Page" button. Clicking on it reveals a window with 3 tabs at top titled "Summary "Navigation and "Detailed". Each tab allows you to choose the number of graphs to make visible at a time then, which graphs to make visible (by checking their respective box or not).

Under the Summary tab, I'm able to make a maximum of 8 graphs visible and those that are checked are: useage, total useage, AHI/AI, minute ventilation, leak, respiratory rate, tidal volume, % spontaneous triggered breaths ,and prescribed pressure. All of those are checked and are visible in the Summary Graphs section of the "Review" page.

Under Navigation tab I'm able to choose a maximum of 8 graphs to make visible at a time but only 2 graphs are given to view. Those being leak and minute ventilation and both are checked

Under the "Detailed" Graph tab, a maximum of 8 graphs are allowed to be visible at a time but only 2 are given to be viewable (Leak and Minute Ventilation). This is why in the Detailed Graphs section of the Review data, I only see 2 graphs. The view/hide graphs window only shows me those graphs as being viewable

As far as data viewed on LED screen: When pushing the 2 oblong buttons at the same time, the same menus come up as when I push the down arrow and right oblong button together. That being the Clinical Results menu starting with the Efficacy Data sub menu followed by the Useage Data sub menu.

Me50, my menus in the VPAP III ST-A must be different from yours in your machine. I have no icons to speak of. My menu structure consists of the Clinical menu. Pushing the "green" (left) oblong button allows user to enter a "Settings" sub menu or push the center down arrow key to move on to a "Results" sub menu. With same methodology above (press green,left oblong key to enter sub menu or press center down arrow key to move on to next sub menu , that being "Alarms". There are 2 more sub menus after Alarms. Those are "Options" and "Servicing"
Post Reply Post Reply
Forgot to mention. I made a follow-up appointment on 3/5/14 with the Sleep Center I originally had my sleep study through 5+ years ago. Bringing my machine with me. Hopefully they will able to figure out what's going on. Will let you know
Post Reply Post Reply
I dunno then. I thought you would at least have the same icons on the left. I know that my data is different than my CPAP auto and expected yours to be different too but I thought you would have the same icons.

At any rate, glad you have an appointment. The only other thing I can think of is to go to the following link and see if post #2 has any bearing on the issue.

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...hines-only
Post Reply Post Reply
I consider myself lucky that I have had several 0 AHI nights. Then I will have 2 or 3 events the next night so I know my machine is working. My normal AHI is under 1 almost always which tells me cpap is working because without I'm at 120 OA's per hour. Good luck I hope you get it figured out.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Question about reliability of the CPAP data zynsa 4 651 08-02-2023, 05:50 PM
Last Post: zynsa
  Question on data interpretation/meaning - flow rate dstone5 2 496 02-08-2023, 08:09 PM
Last Post: dstone5
  Doctor says perfect data, but extremely tired - OSCAR Data Auzzyrocks 13 2,632 12-04-2022, 11:25 AM
Last Post: Lucid
  [Symptoms] Just downloaded OSCAR, feel tired, does anything stand out? coleperkins12 4 627 11-20-2022, 01:43 PM
Last Post: KeepSmiling
Question [Pressure] Doctor can't see detailed data - Can my OSCAR data save me from another sleep study? KidCharlamagne 5 884 09-28-2022, 08:20 AM
Last Post: Gideon
  [CPAP] Data showing clear airway apneas: central apnea or soft palate collapse? Data inc. JamesD0079 0 796 03-21-2022, 07:50 PM
Last Post: JamesD0079
  OSCAR SD data question MagnoliaSolana 3 695 11-13-2021, 03:47 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.