Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Downloading data away from home?
Downloading data away from home?
I'm going to be away from home for more days than my silly S9 will hold onto the data. I'll have my laptop which has SH but I keep the data on my desktop.

Is there someway I can copy the card onto the laptop, transfer it to the desktop, then point SH to it when I get home? I don't like to lose data when I am traveling as I consider that important information.

PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Downloading data away from home?
I realized I could answer my own question. Can you tell I'm a wee bit stressed in prepping for this trip?

I needed to download the data anyway so I copied the entire card's content (it's not much!) into a folder onto the desktop. I then told SleepyHead to get it from the folder, not the Usual Location. Ta-Da. It worked.

So what I'll do is divide the trip in half, create a folder for each half, and copy the data for those days into that. Then when I get home, I'll have SH first get the data from the oldest, then the newest. That should work!

And, ResMed, fix this stupid "7 day only" thing for the S10s, okay? 'Cause it's really stupid. Who goes to their doctor once a week??
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(07-06-2014, 11:35 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: . . .
So what I'll do is divide the trip in half, create a folder for each half, and copy the data for those days into that. Then when I get home, I'll have SH first get the data from the oldest, then the newest. That should work!

And, ResMed, fix this stupid "7 day only" thing for the S10s, okay? 'Cause it's really stupid. Who goes to their doctor once a week??

Hi Paula,
A little while ago, I posted a reply to jcarerra, that included a description of my procedure for downloading and storing a local copy of the SD card, as often as you wish, daily if needed. It is post #6 at:
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...0#pid73120

I used the procedure recently when we were travelling for a few days, and everything worked flawlessly - no lost data in either ResScan or Sleepyhead.

Hope this helps!
A.Becker
PAPing in NE Ohio, with a pack of Cairn terriers
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-06-2014, 11:35 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: And, ResMed, fix this stupid "7 day only" thing for the S10s, okay? 'Cause it's really stupid. Who goes to their doctor once a week??
Unfortunately ResMed does not have hoards of sleep docs or DMEs complaining about this "feature".

No sleep doc is going to go through six months or a year's worth of wave flow data anyway. And no DME or sleep doc's office is going to want to store months of wave flow data on each and every one of their patient on their computer systems. Hence, so Resmed's reasoning goes, we don't need to keep that much data around.

The decision to overwrite the data probably did make sense on the first full data machines where the card was limited in size. But once the basic programming on how the machine writes the data to the card was done, well, it's probably not been looked at since then. And hence Resmeds still overwrite the detailed data on a regular basis.

Questions about SleepyHead?  
See my Guide to SleepyHead
Post Reply Post Reply
I do that as a matter of course whenever I download my data.

I create a directory called "S9." I copy the entire SD card into that directory. Then I rename that directory to today's date. I use the format YYMMDD, e.g. 140701 for July 1. That way, if you sort the directory in Windows, the directories are in order.

BTW, despite the way S9 machines hate to have you tinker with the SD card, I've found I can change the name of SD card in windows and it won't mess up the S9 machine. For instance, I name mine something like S9Data. Open the "Computer" or "My computer" window, right click on the SD card and rename it.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What's the best home sleep test currently on the market? Lucky7 2 93 Yesterday, 04:39 PM
Last Post: Jay51
Question [Diagnosis] Home Sleep Study Results & Feedback togapilot 6 531 03-26-2024, 02:36 PM
Last Post: togapilot
  Home Sleep Study - Low AHI but significant desat ArcherNeedsSleep 65 5,911 03-19-2024, 07:08 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  REM and Sleep Stage Tracking at Home rwelliot 15 5,325 02-26-2024, 03:49 AM
Last Post: DebJ
  Home Sleep apnea test xaid 5 865 02-21-2024, 09:28 PM
Last Post: BDayton
  I cannot fall asleep with my bipap/home ventilator. Hypoglossal nerve stimulator? Jay51 220 14,588 01-17-2024, 11:02 AM
Last Post: Jay51
  Son Finished Home Sleep Test - Possible UARS? Skeptic 7 625 12-16-2023, 01:21 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.