Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

DozyDonkey Treatment Thread / Request for Oscar Help
Surprised 
DozyDonkey Treatment Thread / Request for Oscar Help
Hi y'all! I am a CPAP newbie. 

I was diagnosed with severe sleep apnea (AHI 43) from a level 3 home sleep test this month. 

I've used the cpap for 2 days now, but I am still feeling exhausted and fighting to not fall back asleep immediately. 
I purchased an SD card to use last night, and the machine is showing AHI 0, which doesn't' seem right because I remember waking up countless times throughout the night, and I am exhausted and have a mild headache today. 

Can someone with more knowledge than me take a peak at my OSCAR data and tell me if there are any problems?

Thanks

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: DozyDonkey Treatment Thread / Request for Oscar Help
Your AHI is great, but we want to see you get better satisfaction out of sleep. I only see the one RERA and a persistent, relatively low-level leak rate. The biggest suspect is some flow limitation based on some dips in the flow rate and minute vent in your charts. Your pressure is only 8.0/5.0 (inhale/exhale) and you may feel better with a bit more pressure. I think you should titrate pressure upward to 9.0 to see if that feels better. Everything looks good, so let's optimize for comfort for now.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help request... zsearcher 26 1,243 7 hours ago
Last Post: zsearcher
Gross [Treatment] Successful Treatment... Still Significant Struggle TiredTim 0 58 03-27-2024, 07:01 PM
Last Post: TiredTim
  WW4B Therapy thread WW4B 49 4,084 03-27-2024, 04:31 PM
Last Post: WW4B
  IanD - Therapy Thread IanD 28 2,269 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: IanD
  [Pressure] Request Recommendation for a Dial Manometer Samwrites 4 120 03-24-2024, 09:59 AM
Last Post: Sleepster
  Marcin's Therapy Thread marcinpiskala 20 968 03-23-2024, 04:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Information Alaxo Hybrid Stent with CPAP - Therapy Thread G. Szabo 29 1,219 03-22-2024, 10:51 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.