Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Dr David Rapoport CPAP videos series
Dr David Rapoport CPAP videos series
David Rapoport NYU Sleep Center New York City [copied from old forum]
10 part videos series
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IP3IgvE36...re=related

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Dr David Rapoport CPAP videos series [copied from old forum]
SuperSleeper Wrote:Bookmarked this this to view later. Looks like a good series of videos. Thanks Zonk!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Dr David Rapoport CPAP videos series [copied from old forum]

zimlich Wrote:Very interesting videos- I am going through them. I was surprised that Bilevel has not been proven to be more comfortable than CPAP by a majority of people. Also, that the expiratory pressure needs to be the same as your prescribed CPAP pressure, not lower. The example he gave was if your prescribed CPAP pressure is 10, your Bilevel pressure might be 10/15, not 5/15. Bilevel has not be proven to be more beneficial than CPAP, but if it gets you to wear it, or is prescribed by your doctor continue to use it. Dr. Rapoport says he uses it as a last resort. He also explained that pressure problems are different from mask problems which seems obvious, but may be confusing when we're starting out or just plain uncomfortable.
I watched 5 or 10 videos- he talked about C-Flex and EPR, went into lenghty explanation of AUTO and explained the reasons and technology of SENSAWAKE. I look forward to viewing the last five videos when I have more time. All in all very interesting , informative, and educational. The bottom line so far seems to be that whatever gets you to use your CPAP longer, and more comfortable (so you use it) the better.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Respironic BiPAP M series pressure settings jamesmck 3 612 09-17-2023, 08:17 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Remstar pro m series two beeps how can I reset? cantgettosleep 2 1,089 05-21-2023, 10:31 AM
Last Post: cantgettosleep
  Philips Bipap auto sv advanced series one keithy62 5 619 03-23-2023, 07:56 PM
  David Results - Request Feedback parkdj808 24 1,393 02-26-2023, 02:27 PM
Last Post: parkdj808
  Resmed A10 Series Power Switch Question Crimson Nape 6 655 02-02-2023, 09:15 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Remstar Auto M Series "Service Required" msgill59 24 36,738 01-08-2023, 07:20 PM
  P-SERIES DIRECTORY IN MY COMPUTER caribsun 1 585 08-07-2022, 08:00 AM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.