Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Dr. just added O2 therapy
RE: Dr. just added O2 therapy
Also, the P-R SimplyGo comes in a 10 pounds. Is FAA approved; and can deliver up to 2 LPM in continuous mode.
It appears one can rent them from some suppliers; which may be a savings for someone who doesn't travel too frequently.

(My Everflo has about 20,000 hours on it; and all I've ever done is change the intake filter annually.) I don't know about the portable units durability.

You may wish to check your unit during flight. I'd look for a Pelican case that would enclose it; and have custom foam cut for it.
(You may not be required to check it as it's medical equipment -- but you only have so many hands to carry stuff on-board.)
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
I travel with my monster oxygen when needed. I will look for someone to offer a great idea.

Good Luck

Sleep-well

Post Reply Post Reply
Reality is starting to set in.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Always Curious,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Good
luck to you with getting your oxygen needs straightened out as you travel and also with your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-08-2017, 08:40 PM)Always Curious Wrote: Here is the problem, and why I joined - I travel a lot for work.  Several people have said to just go w/o on away nights, but man, I really hate to.  I can definitely feel a difference.

I'm always in a hotel, so really don't need any battery, but I do need a small unit.  Can anyone make a suggestion?

I've been digging for similar information.   The portable units run a few thousand $$, but there are used ones that are more reasonable although I need to dig in the manuals and check on regular usage. 

As another mentioned, portable units are usually on demand, but some can switch into continuous mode:   Respironics SimplyGo Mini Portable Oxygen Concentrator is one.    There is the mini that can do 1/liter a minute and the Not Mini that can do 2.   Although I'd expect it to kill any battery in short order, but that doesn't seem to be an issue. 

I did managed to travel on an airline with a full size one which fit into a large roller suitcase under 50 lbs with good padding.   However, I wouldn't recommend it for continuing travel if you use airlines, but it would work fine if you travel by car. 
Post Reply Post Reply
The current Respironics SimplyGo Mini appears to be able to generate from 1 to 5 L/min oxygen. Not inexpensive machines, but you need to call for price due to minimum advertised pricing rules. This unit is 5 lbs and has a choice of large or small Li-Ion battery. I'm not sure how it compares to the portable Innomed for cost. I guess if you need supplemental oxygen and travel, it is an essential purchase. Are you using this with an oxygen bleed to CPAP or with cannula?

You are posting in an older 2017 thread. If you would like me to split this into your own thread, just let me know. I think you will get better responses with your own thread.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-16-2020, 07:58 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: The current Respironics SimplyGo Mini appears to be able to generate from 1 to 5 L/min oxygen.  Not inexpensive machines, but you need to call for price due to minimum advertised pricing rules.  This unit is 5 lbs and has a choice of large or small Li-Ion battery. I'm not sure how it compares to the portable Innomed for cost.  I guess if you need supplemental oxygen and travel, it is an essential purchase.  Are you using this with an oxygen bleed to CPAP or with cannula?

I thought this one could do 1-5 liters on-demand **or** 1 liter in continuous mode which is the mode you'll need to hook up to a PAP device. 

I'm happy to be wrong, but that's how I interpreted the specs.
Post Reply Post Reply
With dilution from CPAP airflow a 1-L/min rate would not be much good. I can’t imagine a machine with only 1L/min continuous rate would be useful. Maybe call and ask. We have an Oxygen Bleed wiki you might find helpful.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I own an inogen 3, it is pulse and although I think it a very good machine it won’t work for what you want. Their home unit at 18 pounds it might work.  Look at their website ans see.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  WW4B Therapy thread WW4B 49 4,060 Yesterday, 04:31 PM
Last Post: WW4B
  Therapy Help - Possible UARS - REM jkossis 8 154 Yesterday, 02:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Therapy help rekaviv 9 251 Yesterday, 11:22 AM
Last Post: rekaviv
  IanD - Therapy Thread IanD 28 2,262 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: IanD
  MrIvanDrago - CPAP|Bi-PAP Therapy Journey MrIvanDrago 67 3,337 03-26-2024, 01:22 PM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  Marcin's Therapy Thread marcinpiskala 20 956 03-23-2024, 04:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Jakespeare65 - Therapy Help jakespeare65 26 808 03-22-2024, 12:55 PM
Last Post: jakespeare65

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.