quiescence at last Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: REMstar System One with Autoflex
Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: Quattro AirFit F10
Humidifier: yes typical setting = 4
CPAP Pressure: 5-13 Autotritrating CPAP
CPAP Software: SleepyHead EncoreBasic

Other Comments: CMS-50F Plus oximeter /w SPO2 Assistant software. Avowed mouth-breather switching to nose-breathing

Sex: Male

RE: Dream Dazed
I think you might have awakened during or directly after dreaming when you took the break. This could be caused by interruptions (such as apnea) during the later part of the night. It is also possible that you got some restorative and REM sleep during mask use, and after you took it off, you got the benefit. You may have gotten primed during mask use, only to fall into deeper sleep thereafter. The REM sleep is supposed to be in cycles, and every lengthening thru the night. I found that I would dream both with and without the mask, and that sleeping without the mask allowed more apneas and more excursions to lowered O2 level. If I started without the mask, no dreaming remembered.

The pulse oximeter I got has an alarm feature that will alert me if my SpO2 level goes below a [user defined] limit. But, it won't make me sleep better.

Dedicated to QALity sleep.
You'll note I am listed as an Advisory Member. I am honored to be listed as such. See the fine print - Advisory Members as a group provide advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies. Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
01-02-2015 04:05 PM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
Question [Pressure] Dream Station Auto Bi pap configuration of pressure support function dangood_47 6 267 Yesterday 04:37 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  light on Dream Station ttfespe 24 1,540 09-20-2016 05:04 PM
Last Post: Jimsp1
  [Equipment] New Dream Station Horible night. pbreed 9 598 08-31-2016 01:50 PM
Last Post: Maskup Sleepwell
  Need help getting restarted with SleepyHead for Mac and Dream Station VisitorX 4 280 08-18-2016 02:01 PM
Last Post: VisitorX
  Mask setting for dream station Tskully 4 1,399 06-10-2016 04:27 PM
Last Post: TonyJ
  Resmed S10 Airsense vs. Respironics Dream Station Weird Tolkienish Figure 124 29,868 06-04-2016 10:18 PM
Last Post: Dangerous Dave
  [Equipment] Dream station DSX500 berge 5 458 05-14-2016 03:49 PM
Last Post: trish6hundred