Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Dream Machine Opti-start?
Last night when I started my machine (Dream Machine) I saw "Opti-Start" in the lower left part of the display screen. The starting pressure had also gone up from 6 to 7. I had a pretty horrible night, couldn't settle down, kept waking up.
I downloaded the Sleepyhead Beta this morning and was looking at the data, looks like my best AHI was Wednesday with the pressure set at 6-20.
Just wondering what "Opti-Start" is and how it could have gotten turned on. Sleepyhead says the only adjustment to my settings was last Wednesday. I logged into the Clinical settings last week but didn't change anything.
Anyone have any ideas?
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-07-2016, 10:58 AM)chrysos Wrote: Last night when I started my machine (Dream Machine) I saw "Opti-Start" in the lower left part of the display screen. The starting pressure had also gone up from 6 to 7. I had a pretty horrible night, couldn't settle down, kept waking up.
I downloaded the Sleepyhead Beta this morning and was looking at the data, looks like my best AHI was Wednesday with the pressure set at 6-20.
Just wondering what "Opti-Start" is and how it could have gotten turned on. Sleepyhead says the only adjustment to my settings was last Wednesday. I logged into the Clinical settings last week but didn't change anything.
Anyone have any ideas?

In the providers menu, under Therapy, there is a sub menu. The Opti-Start option should be off, unless your DME enabled it.

The Opti-Start feature will monitor your therapy for a length of time (not sure how long), and will reset the start pressure closer to whatever your previous 90% pressure was.

You can disable this, but I think it's a good feature. The fact that it will reset your pressure to your 90% pressure is the same advice you would get from most folk here.

It's possible your DME turned this feature on to optimize your therapy.

BTW...do you know what your 90% pressure readings are?
OpalRose
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

How to Organize and Post ScreenShots

http://sleep.tnet.com/resources/sleepyhead/shorganize
https://sleep.tnet.com/reference/tips/imgur

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Resmed S10 Airsense vs. Respironics Dream Station Weird Tolkienish Figure 130 48,544 9 minutes ago
Last Post: tedgreen
  Smart start [and leak report] yankees123 5 73 6 hours ago
Last Post: jaswilliams
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 49 21,284 10-18-2017, 09:21 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  newbie with AHI~50 & a new dream station biPAP rbookman 27 543 10-18-2017, 11:30 AM
Last Post: rbookman
  Dream Station vs. AirSense 10 for Her & Dreamwear mask jaw2004 13 427 10-16-2017, 06:50 PM
Last Post: jaw2004
  [Equipment] White buildup in my dream wear mask Jswalters 5 167 10-06-2017, 01:31 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2
  ResMed AirSense 10 "Smart Start" Doesn't Shut Down Reuven Gruber 17 9,127 10-01-2017, 11:50 AM
Last Post: skylark