Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Dream Observation
Dream Observation
I had a vivid nightmare last morning that I woke up from and I can see that my big cluster of CAs happened when I was running from some violent people in my dream. I'm guessing that has to do with REM. I don't have anything to add, but neat that I can see this.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Dream Observation
I have noticed that I do have more dreams since using CPAP than previously.. and although I used to dream in both black and white and colour in the past, I now find that all my dreams are only in colour and far more vivid ( and explicit ) than they used to be. 

Sort of like dreaming in the latest wide angle high definition billion pixel colour mode. 

I don't have nightmares, but my wife does suffer from some really terrifying ones that I have to gently wake her up from and comfort her until she dozes back off.. she doesn't use CPAP, but I think she suffers from sleep apnoea. 
( nags me about my medical issues, but won't see her doctor about her possible apnoea  Oh-jeez Laugh-a-lot )
Post Reply Post Reply
Arrow 
Ive only been on cpap a week and i think ive dreamt the same or possibly less. Ive always had vivid dreams. I have crying dreams sometimes but I think thats stress. Ive never had a black and white dream that I can recall.
Maybe your wife gets a lot of rem like I do?
Post Reply Post Reply
More than likely you were holding your breath or otherwise confusing the machine during your dream.

My dreams pre-CPAP were easy. I could manipulate them: fast forward, rewind, etc. Then i started CPAP and for the first 6mos or more, my brain was playing catch-up. Now I use dream levels as part of the data set to determine how well my apnea treatment is working.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
I have an issue with CAs every night. They werent just during the nightmare part but there was a big cluster right there. I hold my breathe unintentionally during the day also... more like I forget to breathe awake and asleep, and inbetween.
But with that being said Ive had vivid dreams everyday since childhood, although I notice they get really deep and intense (going through wormholes or night terrors) when my sleep apnea is worse because I wake up dizzy with headaches and sometimes feeling very heavy. 
You prob get what Im saying.

So you dream a lot less now on cpap? Will be bittersweet for me as I love to dream at night.
Post Reply Post Reply
I've noticed that my dreams have longer and more complicated plot lines now. Probably because I'm not waking up from apneas and having the dreams get disturbed as much.
Post Reply Post Reply
I used to have vivid dreams before CPAP, and when I first started CPAP as well, but the dreams were very pleasant on CPAP compared with before.  My favourite was a dream I had about a month after starting CPAP ... that my husband and I were in a sports car with the wind blowing through our hair and we were in the Alps (I think), beautiful scenery anyway, and we were very happy and laughing. 

I guess that is what being able to breathe properly again at night translated into in my dreams.

As time passes and I use CPAP for longer, I recall my dreams less and less. I know I am dreaming because sometimes I wake up after one, and think "I must remember this in the morning" but simply don't. 

Big change for me not remembering my dreams after a lifetime of doing so and having vivid dreams.

I just fall asleep and wake up now, no dream recall.
Post Reply Post Reply
I had more dreams before Cpap use, more like nightmares! I’m glad to say I no longer have nightmares.

I do dream now, but not every night...or mabye I just don’t recall them.
Although, I would rather not dream if I’m awakened by them.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Using the heated tube on Dream Station 2 arpegio 4 951 02-16-2024, 06:52 PM
Last Post: arpegio
Exclaimation [Diagnosis] 2 Yrs CPAP & I Still Don't Dream - Eliminated Obstructive But Central Apneas Present droo 5 532 08-31-2023, 07:18 PM
Last Post: droo
Question Resmed AirTouch F20 on Dream Station 2: X factor? SleeperAwake21 1 437 05-19-2023, 04:43 PM
Last Post: SleeperAwake21
Question Dream Station 2 stats sallym 4 760 02-20-2023, 08:19 PM
Last Post: sallym
  Dream station 2 apap starting therapy above minimum setting HelicopterPilot 7 852 02-03-2023, 05:20 PM
Last Post: HelicopterPilot
  ketanerp - Excessive dream, dizziness and sleep apnea. ketanerp 17 1,771 12-26-2022, 11:19 AM
Last Post: Lucid
Question [Equipment] Dream Station 2 Humidifier Daddyo 2 558 12-22-2022, 03:08 PM
Last Post: Daddyo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.