Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Dream Station Humidification
Dream Station Humidification
Would someone please explain Adaptive vs Fixed humidification on a Dream Station.  Mine was setup with adaptive “on” and I’m drying out with it on a setting of 5.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Dream Station Humidification
My take is in adaptive, there's an ambient room sensor to adjust humidifier output with your number setting altering the output a bit. Fixed goes solely on your number setting. Try fixed and see if humidity output is more suitable.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Do you know if room is cool, will it tend to reduce humidity output?
Post Reply Post Reply
I live in the Australian tropics with extreme humidity. I have noticed on nights when my aircon is at about 22 or 23 degrees C (which is a very very cold temperature for me, but the co-sleeping kids want it cold sometimes), my fully filled humidifier tank runs to near empty after a 7 hour sleep. 
On nights with aircon at 25 degrees C the water in the tank is usually only 1/4th of the way used.
If I remember correctly, I am set at flex (or was it adaptive) and level 3. I can find out if you want.

My theory is, the deeper you breathe when asleep and the drier and colder the room is, the more the water from the tank is used resulting in more humid air being supplied. 
Hope this helps.
Post Reply Post Reply
A cooler room might lessen the water usage. I think it's more dependant on room humidity level.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I can set my dream station for humidification level from 1 to 5 I believe.  I am not aware that it can automatically be set for adaptive.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Using the heated tube on Dream Station 2 arpegio 4 952 02-16-2024, 06:52 PM
Last Post: arpegio
  Humidification Issue With Air Mini ICS55 15 5,271 02-08-2024, 10:16 AM
Last Post: pwnorris
Exclaimation [Diagnosis] 2 Yrs CPAP & I Still Don't Dream - Eliminated Obstructive But Central Apneas Present droo 5 532 08-31-2023, 07:18 PM
Last Post: droo
Question Resmed AirTouch F20 on Dream Station 2: X factor? SleeperAwake21 1 437 05-19-2023, 04:43 PM
Last Post: SleeperAwake21
  Duration Resmed battery Power Station II Asjb 2 731 03-20-2023, 10:16 AM
Last Post: Asjb
Question Dream Station 2 stats sallym 4 761 02-20-2023, 08:19 PM
Last Post: sallym
  Dream station 2 apap starting therapy above minimum setting HelicopterPilot 7 856 02-03-2023, 05:20 PM
Last Post: HelicopterPilot

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.