Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Dream Station Ramp and Pressure Settings
Thanks for the tips.

I did change the ramp time to much longer.........still can't figure out how to change the top number which is 11......I feel like a leaf blower is running through my nose when it gets to 11......

Where do you get a chin strap?
Post Reply Post Reply
The CPAP pressure is accessible only through the provider menu in Therapy settings. Push the control knob and ramp button at the same time until the machine beeps. You can then select the therapy settings. The CPAP pressure will show 11 now. Select that icon with the control knob and push once. Dial the pressure you want, and push again, then exit.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you !!

One other question. I got a new full-face mask now.....but I cannot remove the other nasal mask.

I've read the instructions and the manual says my machine has two tabs to remove it from the machine......for the life of me, I do not see them, at all.

Also, I don't see any way to just change out the mask. They seem like they are "stuck together" forever. Very frustrating!
Post Reply Post Reply

The hose detachment from the humidifier has 2-tabs that are opposite each other on the sides. Just squeeze together and pull. It should not be very hard. The other end of the hose that attaches to the mask has a rubber coupling that fits around the hard plastic air connector for the mask. Pulling straight apart can be difficult, but the rubber stretches, so if you bend the connection and pull, it is a lot easier. Same as putting on some tight shoes, you have to flex things to get them to join or come off.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
It worked !!

Your instructions on moving the nasal mask from the tube was spot on. For the life of me I couldn't figure out how to separate the two and I didn't want to break it.

Still don't think my machine has two two tabs you are talking about.

I see two slots on both sides of the tube, but no "slots or tabs" to press in.

Oh well, at least I got the nasal unit off. Now I'm just waiting for my new full, mask.
Post Reply Post Reply

The area between the two slots on both sides are the tabs Sleeprider was telling you about. Press them both at the same time and you should be able to remove the hose.
Post Reply Post Reply
All the suppliers of CPAP machines also sell chinstraps but you can just Google it and will find them on Amazon.
Personally, I don't want even more gear strapped to my head and since I don't move around much once I fall asleep, I taught myself to rest my hand under my chin in order to keep my mouth shut. Not as foolproof but still helps for part of the night.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  dreamstation go- auto start of ramp up? cbrts765 4 146 12-12-2017, 04:28 PM
Last Post: cbrts765
  Constant Air the same even when i change settings blackhawk2737303 6 229 12-11-2017, 04:16 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  PS settings RLSdss 18 445 11-29-2017, 03:14 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Isn't Resmed's Expiratory Pressure Relief really Inspiratory Pressure Support?? Reznik 116 2,557 11-27-2017, 07:28 PM
Last Post: Reznik
  [Pressure] Aircurve 10 VAuto settings recommendations Keith R 11 604 11-19-2017, 04:52 PM
Last Post: Keith R
  Some questions [leakage & proper settings] dhammond 5 315 11-19-2017, 11:24 AM
Last Post: nappyhair2
  Need help with pressure settings readyforsleep 14 712 11-18-2017, 12:52 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider